Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-10-2015, 12:43 PM   #1
bamboos
bamboos began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 623
PocketBook 623-Books disappeared from device

Hi,

I have been using my Pocketbook Touch Lux 623 over a year now, and I have encountered a problem. Some of my books are displayed when linked to the PC, but they do not appear on PocketBook. I have tried to reach them via opening Notes, and linking the note to the book, but it gives the warning that "File has been removed or replaced". I had replaced the files before though, but I was still able to access the specific notes through the book itself. I would really appreciate a solution, as this is driving me crazy.
bamboos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:55 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Maybe your device is not updating the database from time to time. Check Settings>Advanced Settings>System>Library>Library Data Update. It should be set to "Automatically". If you set it to "Once", then it updates the database immediately, but then sets itself to "Off" when it is finished. Maybe yours is left in the "Off" state.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:28 PM   #3
bamboos

Nope, had checked that already, it is set to "Automatically".
Old 01-10-2015, 02:13 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So, have the books also disappeared from the Library, as well, or just from the notes? From your first post, it sounded like you couldn't find the books in the Library.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:13 PM   #5
bamboos

From both, and the more important problem is the disappearance from the Library. Folders are there to stay, but not the books.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:01 PM   #6
bamboos

Solved the problem. Apparently, .pdf files somehow got deleted, but .af0 files did not, that was why I could see them on PC but not on the device. I had the back-up pdf files on my PC, so copied them to PB and voila! both the files and notes came back.

Still, thank you for your consideration rkomar.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:15 PM   #7
rkomar
Wizard

No problem, and thanks for coming back and explaining the problem. The .af0 files are where the current page number and app settings are stored for each book. If you delete books with the library, then it also deletes the .af0 files, and updates the database. I'm not sure if it deletes the notes, as well, so that's worth testing if you want the notes to continue to exist. Deleting over the USB connection removes the ebook, but leaves the other files around.