Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #46
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
There was a small window of like 7 days here with reduced price, but only for the black cover, which I am not interested in. I want a girly cover
Same here. I always go for the colors!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #47
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Thanks a lot!!! This is a classy cover indeed !
Nah. It's a fairly standard cover. It's the photography skillz, you know.

As if.

I was too lazy and did everything on Auto. The camera underexposed everything (as expected with a white background), and I batch-fixed it on the computer.

Quote:
And you soooooooo deserve the pre-Karma you got from me
Yeah, I do. And you better come back later and give some more Karma for the pictures post too, if you also want pictures of the other cover I've got coming.

*wheedle*
*extort*
*blackmail*

Quote:
Now, regarding you super-engineering tool: could an old credit card also do the job, or not ?
Maybe, but I think it may be too wide and long. There may be too much friction to actually slide it toward the corner, and it may be too flexible to pop the KPW out of the case. I actually did bend one of the paperclips because I leveraged right at the end.

It may work, if you can cut a small part out of the creditcard; something like a half inch wide, and an inch long. I'm assuming the credit card is thin enough to actually fit between the case and the Kindle.

I advise against using a knife or the blade of a scissors if you're thinking about it. This will work for sure, but you'll probably damage the Kindle or case, even if you wrap it with tape.

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-13-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #48
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
First, what I ordered is not the cover Xendula opened this thread with. This is the 1st version GoogleProduct cover half the world has been ordering for a year.
But it's the one I opened last year's slim paperwhite thread with, which grew into an uncontrollable monster

You can take the PW out by carefully bending the lower left hand corner of the Googleproduct case away from the kindle, then proceeding with the other corners.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #49
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
But it's the one I opened last year's slim paperwhite thread with, which grew into an uncontrollable monster
Ah, I see. No problem.

The same will happen with this thread. You know it will :P

Quote:
You can take the PW out by carefully bending the lower left hand corner of the Googleproduct case away from the kindle, then proceeding with the other corners.
I've tried it, and it does work. It also does hurt the thumbs somewhat, and I can imagine that many women are not strong enough in their hands to bend the case without help. At least, there were many posts on the previous thread, of people complaining that the Kindle was impossible to get out of the cover.

Using a pry tool on one corner is easy, and makes the opposite corner also much easier to pop off.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #50
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I did tell the seller, yes, and he said he sent out another cover, but it never arrived. He kept telling me to give it another week. In the end, I filed a complaint and got my money back. The seller did apologize and seemed earnest, so maybe it got lost in the mail, I'm really not sure. Either way, it was fine in the end as I got an official amazon case for only 10.00.
I've once ordered a set of three DVD movies in Japan, with a seller that had good ratings. I did not receive them after 6 weeks, so I filed a complaint. He asked if I wanted the movies re-sent, or a refund. I chose a refund.

About 5 months after ordering, the movies suddenly turned up at my doorstep.

I wouldn't be surprised if you get your cover delivered completely unexpectedly, one day.
Advert
Old 09-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #51
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Wow, 5 months! And I thought 6 weeks was long!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #52
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Nah. It's a fairly standard cover. It's the photography skillz, you know.
Of course !

Quote:
Yeah, I do. And you better come back later and give some more Karma for the pictures post too, if you also want pictures of the other cover I've got coming.

*wheedle*
*extort*
*blackmail*

Greedy are we ?

Quote:
It may work, if you can cut a small part out of the creditcard; something like a half inch wide, and an inch long. I'm assuming the credit card is thin enough to actually fit between the case and the Kindle.
I am very good with credit cards. Leave yours with me for 10 sec, and I'll do wonders, you won't believe it until you've seen it !

Quote:
I advise against using a knife or the blade of a siccors if you're thinking about it. This will work for sure, but you'll probably damage the Kindle or case , even if you wrap it with tape.
Do I look like a beginner to you ? I don't even own a knife...credit card is the magic word
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #53
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Greedy are we ?
Who... Moi?! Noooo. What made you think of me so?

Quote:
I am very good with credit cards. Leave yours with me for 10 sec, and I'll do wonders, you won't believe it until you've seen it !
Yeah... I can imagine the bank account already... or what's left of it. Sigh

Quote:
Do I look like a beginner to you ? I don't even own a knife...credit card is the magic word
A beginner in what? I just thought to put a warning out. In the past, I've seen some otherwise very smart people do some incredibly stupid things when it comes to using tools(*).

(*) Me, for example. Regularly
And I'm making way too much typo's as well.

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-13-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #54
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
A beginner in what? I just thought to put a warning out. In the past, I've seen some otherwise very smart people do some incredibly stupid things when it comes to using tools(*).

(*) Me, for example
Ahem.
Girl here.
Ergo: NOT a tool fetichist
Old 09-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #55
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ahem.
Girl here.
Ergo: NOT a tool fetichist
LOL. I'm a software engineer. I've *studied*. The upside is that I know computers. The downside is that I'm a basically a nerd, and thus a national safety hazard when getting hold of any tools
Old 09-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #56
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
LOL. I'm a software engineer. I've *studied*.
Really ? Is this your maximum ?

Quote:
The upside is that I know computers. The downside is that I'm a basically a nerd, and thus a national safety hazard when getting hold of any tools
Pot, meet kettle

Said Kettle has to wake up early, so I'm calling it a night. For now.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #57
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Really ? Is this your maximum ?
Don't know... depends on the maximum you're talking about.

Computers? No
Chatting in someone else's topic in a way that it would be looked upon as a flirt had we been in a bar? (1) Yeah, probably

Quote:
Said Kettle has to wake up early, so I'm calling it a night. For now.
Luckily for me, it's weekend tomorrow, and I'm a night owl / insomniac. Hehe

(1)
PS: My imagination is made of rubber bands, so it stretches quite easily.
If you let go, it snaps back into place.

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-13-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #58
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

... are we still talking cases, here?

Last edited by xendula; 09-13-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #59
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

Yeah, it's definitely a case. One of extreme off-topicness.

I'm going under cover until that other KPW case arrives
Old 09-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #60
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterpops View Post
I have this case. The pictures on ebay very accurately reflect the case. I'm amazed at how light it is.
Niiiice! What color do you have it in? Any chance you'd like to post a picture? Is the inside black, like in the video, or grey like in the pics?