Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-08-2012, 05:52 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Handling the Undead - John Ajvinde Lindqvist

Just finished up this interesting take on the zombie genre. I REALLY loved this, who knew a zombie novel could make you want to cry in sympathy.

These zombies are NOT the typical brain eating zombies...rather than write up again what I did on goodreads (which even though it's long winded isn't all that great), I'll just paste a link. This was a slow mover, but I really enjoyed the characters in the book, and what the author was trying to convey.

Not to say the book didn't have its problems...like don't expect a good explaination of "why" the rose, or "why" they ceased to exist, because it really isn't about that....but either way, fantastic work on this one.

I'm going to be reading his other book "Let the Right One In" soon, haven't watched the movie version "Let Me In", so it'll be a total immersion for me going in.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...ing-the-undead
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool John Ajvinde Lindqvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
.....I'm going to be reading his other book "Let the Right One In" soon, haven't watched the movie version "Let Me In", so it'll be a total immersion for me going in.....
In my opinion you should first read the book, then see the Swedish movie:

'Let the Right One In'

Then see the American Movie, 'Let Me In'.

Last edited by alansplace; 03-08-2012 at 02:53 PM.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert