Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #16
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
- Page Number
Do you open each book individually to get that number or do you have a plugin that finds the info for you?
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:33 AM   #17
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Just need read status, so far

Hi All
I try to concentrate on reading what ever books i have.
I only track "read status" in my main Calibre library.
My biggest issue is getting series info automagically, and not manually.
(test library have a couple of test columns just incase)
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #18
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Do you open each book individually to get that number or do you have a plugin that finds the info for you?

I get all that information from the book from the kindle for pc app, since that is the first place I download the book from before adding it to my Calibre library and yes I do that individually.

Nyn
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #19
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I get all that information from the book from the kindle for pc app, since that is the first place I download the book from before adding it to my Calibre library and yes I do that individually.

Nyn
Ah, okay. Thanks for the info. I download to my PC then transfer them over to Calibre.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:42 AM   #20
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I have:

Subtags: Kind of misnomer, it's kind of a subgenre/data tag. I use regular tags for genres. If I get enough under a main genre with one of these subtags, it gets promoted to a new genre in the main tag list.
Page Count: Self-explanatory, but I stopped using it when I started using Goodreads and calibre added the Kindle page count file thingie after the 3.1 firmware update
Read Status: Yes, No, In Progress
Source: Where I got the book from; it's a prepopulated drop-down list that gets added to as needed.
MR?: Yes/No - whether or not the author is a Mobileread member

There are a few I used to have but deleted, like Date Read. It was redundant because of Goodreads and I got tired of updating info in two places.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert