Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
kuzu92
kuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kobo glo
Please help my kobo glo

Hello.
First,I'm sorry that I couldn't write these letter in better English.

I tried to update kobo glo.But after updating,the screen still indicates Restarting.
I tried the following methods.
1.recharging battery
2.pressing [reset button]
3.pressing [back light button] + [power button](factory reset)
but my device is not responding.
And,I saw following thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201640
Then,if anyone have image file of kobo glo I want it...
Of course if you know another methods,please tell me.
Please tell me how to solve this problem.
Thank you

Last edited by kuzu92; 05-12-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Check this thread starting at Post #38 and see if the instructions there don't get your Glo updated. It worked for me when I had the exact same issue.
Advert
Old 05-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
kuzu92
kuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animals

I think the method is not suit me because my glo can't connect with PC.Glo is not recognized when connected to a PC...
So,I am finding glo's ddi files or another images
Old 05-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #4
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzu92 View Post
I think the method is not suit me because my glo can't connect with PC.Glo is not recognized when connected to a PC...
So,I am finding glo's ddi files or another images
Did you add other side loads, calibre and mess with the stock version? If you did that is where must folks have problems.. Just trash it and get a Aura and leave it stock.. cheap fix without stress..
Old 05-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@kuzu92: One thing missing from your steps is ensuring the device is turned off before trying the factory reset. The factory reset won't happen unless the device starts from off.

Hold the power switch in the off position for at least 10 second. You won't see any screen changes when you do this. The hold the light switch down while turning it on. The LED near the switch should start flashing. When it does, release the switch.

How did you upgrade the firmware? Was it automatically via the WiFi or desktop app? Or did you sideload it?
Advert
Old 05-13-2013, 01:55 AM   #6
kuzu92

I sideloaded ohter firmware.
I was introduced according to the readme,I have transferred [.kobo] folder.
And my glo bricked.

I tried factory reset after power off.Operation after the factory reset,LED indicates [blue]-[green]-[blue]-[black]-......-[blue]-[black].........[black]
but screen still indicates Restarting.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:07 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That sounds like you put the wrong firmware on. I'll send you a PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #8
kuzu92

To davidfor
Thanks a lot!
My kobo works correctly!
Old 06-09-2013, 03:15 AM   #9
Anamarc
Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:

Hello.
First,I'm sorry that I couldn't write these letter in better English.

I tried to update kobo glo.But after updating,the screen still indicates Restarting.
I tried the following methods.
1.recharging battery
2.pressing [reset button]
3.pressing [back light button] + [power button](factory reset)
but my device is not responding.
And,I saw following thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201640
Then,if anyone have image file of kobo glo I want it...
Of course if you know another methods,please tell me.
Please tell me how to solve this problem.
Thank you
Quote:
I sideloaded ohter firmware.
I was introduced according to the readme,I have transferred [.kobo] folder.
And my glo bricked.

I tried factory reset after power off.Operation after the factory reset,LED indicates [blue]-[green]-[blue]-[black]-......-[blue]-[black].........[black]
but screen still indicates Restarting.
Hello!
I have exactly the same problem, even with the language
Can anyone help?
A million thanks in advance.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #10
Anamarc
Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

@Davidfor, thank you very much!
My Kobo Glo works perfectly again
Old 08-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #11
timcclayton
timcclayton began at the beginning.

Hello all.

I also have what seems like a bricked Kobo Glo after a recent update while away in France (I am from the UK) - the screen is just stuck saying "Restarting" permanently.

I have tried EVERYTHING on these forums that I have found, all the various resets etc. but still no go .

Can any kind soul send me a disk image like the users above (if that is what I need) so that I can try to get my Kobo back online - I am missing it already.

Thanks in advance,
Tim.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #12
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by timcclayton View Post
Hello all.

I also have what seems like a bricked Kobo Glo after a recent update while away in France (I am from the UK) - the screen is just stuck saying "Restarting" permanently.

I have tried EVERYTHING on these forums that I have found, all the various resets etc. but still no go .

Can any kind soul send me a disk image like the users above (if that is what I need) so that I can try to get my Kobo back online - I am missing it already.

Thanks in advance,
Tim.
I've sent you a PM, Tim.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #13
timcclayton

Kevin, many thanks am downloading the file as I type this

Can I just ask: what do I need to do to my Kobo's SD card, does it need to be formatted in any way to remove the corrupt/junk on it, or do I just extract the image straight onto the card irrespective of what is already on it?

Never had to do this before but am technically proficient at formatting/copy etc. I have removed the internal Micro SD card and connected it to my PC thus far.

Thanks again,
Tim.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #14
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
I've always formatted my SD card before writing an image to it, but I don't know if that's strictly necessary. I'd say it's good practice, though.

Are you aware that you'll need to use a program such as win32 disk imager (assuming you're on Windows) to write the image to your SD card? Simply extracting the image file onto the card won't be enough.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:32 AM   #15
timcclayton

Kevin.

I just want to thank you once again for your superb help - I burnt the IMG file you sent me using the disk imager software and it has solved the problem and all is now well again - thank you SO much.

I honestly thought I had an out-of-warranty brick, phew!

I do wish Kobo would implement a safety feature or proper factory reset option somewhere though, to avoid all this heartache when updating firmware - I won't be running any more updates in the future for sure.

Thank you once again, and to these excellent forums that gave me hope

Tim.
Closed Thread