Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 05-05-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Does anyone have Pocket Pro and Sony Pocket?

Hello,

I have a friend who has a Sony Pocket, and hers won't hold a charge. Her husband is considering getting her another charger to see if that helps. Does anyone know if the Sony uses the same type of charger as the Astak? If it does, I could try charging the Sony with my charger, and see if it works. But I wouldn't want to do anything that would ruin mine, so first I wanted to get your advice. Thanks!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
Hello,

I have a friend who has a Sony Pocket, and hers won't hold a charge. Her husband is considering getting her another charger to see if that helps. Does anyone know if the Sony uses the same type of charger as the Astak? If it does, I could try charging the Sony with my charger, and see if it works. But I wouldn't want to do anything that would ruin mine, so first I wanted to get your advice. Thanks!
If it charges with a USB connection like the PEz , then Yes.
USB is regulated 5 Volts DC 500 mili-Amperes (minimum. spec).
(There is another thread about a cheap Auto adapter: Auto electric systems can have some very wild voltage spikes (when starting). The adapter MUST prevent any of that from getting through )

If her CORD is bad.. ????
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If it charges with a USB connection like the PEz , then Yes.
USB is regulated 5 Volts DC 500 mili-Amperes (minimum. spec).
(There is another thread about a cheap Auto adapter: Auto electric systems can have some very wild voltage spikes (when starting). The adapter MUST prevent any of that from getting through )

If her CORD is bad.. ????
Yes, I've wondered if it is the cord, as well. But her husband said it won't hold a charge, so that makes me think it's probably the battery. But I'm happy to try charging it and see if it makes any difference. (I just have a quick email from him, so I don't know all the details about it.)

Thanks for your response!
Old 05-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
[QUOTE=theducks;898618] Auto electric systems can have some very wild voltage spikes (when starting). The adapter MUST prevent any of that from getting through )

[QUOTE]

I have seen advice in instructions to never leave an auto-power adapter plugged in when starting the car. I am sure this is out of fear of these spikes, and some cars may well blow things up!
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
If you or your friend has access to a PSP (Playstation Portable) charger you can use that since they are the same plug and the same voltage as the sony chargers.

If your friend wants to try a PSP charger they are fairly cheap, or they can try a usb cable connected to a computer to charge the sony pocket.

I wouldn;t recomend using a different charger on the 300 as it might damage it. Now since I don't own a pocket pro I dont know the specs for the charger so I cant be sure, if its an usb charger it will not work as the Sony Pocket edition only charges when connected through usb to a computer, anything else just drains the battery.

Last edited by Catire; 05-05-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: confused
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
[QUOTE=Catire;898889 if its an usb charger it will not work as the pocket pro only charges when connected through usb to a computer, anything else just drains the battery.[/QUOTE]

This is FALSE.
The power leads on the USB cable are buffered/regulated INSIDE the PEz to prevent discharge. The Wall charger is missing the Signal leads, which is obvious as the PEz does not give the option to "Connect" to the computer.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:18 PM   #7
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh I'm sorry I mistyped, i meant to say that the Sony 300 Pocket Edition will probably discharge if connected to a usb wall charger. I just got confused with all the Pockets in the name, I will edit my post.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:30 PM   #8
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
Oh I'm sorry I mistyped, i meant to say that the Sony 300 Pocket Edition will probably discharge if connected to a usb wall charger. I just got confused with all the Pockets in the name, I will edit my post.
So the Sony would not charge with the wall adapter?
Old 05-05-2010, 09:31 PM   #9
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
If you or your friend has access to a PSP (Playstation Portable) charger you can use that since they are the same plug and the same voltage as the sony chargers.

If your friend wants to try a PSP charger they are fairly cheap, or they can try a usb cable connected to a computer to charge the sony pocket.

I wouldn;t recomend using a different charger on the 300 as it might damage it. Now since I don't own a pocket pro I dont know the specs for the charger so I cant be sure, if its an usb charger it will not work as the Sony Pocket edition only charges when connected through usb to a computer, anything else just drains the battery.
Oh, and I will mention to them about the PSP charger. I don't know if they have one of those, or not.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #10
Catire
Lord of the Universe

Quote:
So the Sony would not charge with the wall adapter?
No it won't, at least I haven't come across anyone who has been able to charge with a usb wall adapter.

Quote:
Oh, and I will mention to them about the PSP charger. I don't know if they have one of those, or not.
PSP chargers should be cheap at walmart or similar a store, the chargers I mean go into the yellow plug of the Sony Pocket, so a USB plug psp charger wont work.

Something like these:

http://img.game.co.uk/images/gamewar...argercable.gif

http://www.elcell.co.uk/ebayimages/i...-charger_1.jpg
Old 05-05-2010, 11:20 PM   #11
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Thank you so much for the info! I will pass it on!