Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-06-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
Displaying Covers (Cover Browsing)

How does Calibre decide whether it displays a cover or not, in Cover Browsing mode?

I have a number of ebooks that show as coverless, with cover art. I think it happens mostly with books where I downloaded the cover art using isbndb.com. In some cases, it's books that had cover art to start.

Whatever the process is, it doesn't seem to be consistent. I can download cover art and have it show up for one book and not another. I can have one book with original cover art displaying while another doesn't. I can replace cover art and sometimes it will display and sometimes it won't.
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:25 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
I think you're just seeing the delay between the time you download a cover, and the time cover browsing mode rescans the directory and realizes there is a cover in there. Shut down calibre, start it up again and see if there are any books that are missing a cover that you think should have one. If the directory in calibre's library has a "cover.jpg" file in it you should see the cover, and I always do. Otherwise, you should see the default cover.

If a book has internal cover art, that image won't show up unless you tell calibre to get its cover art from the book. To do that, open the edit metadata window, select the format with the internal cover art in the upper right window, then select the cover art icon to the upper left of that window. If calibre can read the image from that format, it will extract the image and copy it into its library as cover.jpg.

Last edited by Starson17; 02-07-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 09:59 PM   #3
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
You were right. If I shut down and restart, all covers show.

Thanks for the answer/reassurance.
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote