Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
pj123
Zealot
pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Tablet 3 Pro, Kobo Aura H2O, Ipad
Where to buy a Onyx M92

Hi, I am looking for a place to buy a M92. I could only find one online store that sells the device: http://www.onyxboox.com/ . The price sounds pretty high ($429). They have a 15-day return policy. Are there any other stores that also sell the device in the US with a decent return/refund policy? I don't mean I will return it, but just in case. I am looking for a brand new (instead of used/refurbished) device.
pj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
www.ereader-store.de - shipping internationally and good price I bought mine there and experienced great customer service. User "Booxtor" in this forum is the owner of that shop.

But there are more stores out there. I don't know them though. If you wait a day or two somebody will definitely name you another one.

EDIT: Oh I just noticed, the price of ereader-store.de is maybe not really the best one for you as a US customer, because the dollar-euro exchange rate is (in this case) not really in favor of the dollar prices

Last edited by tuxor; 03-20-2012 at 02:37 PM.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
There was a promo code that will give you a discount of 20$
with that I got a better price from booxtor
Search my messages (search by author or poster) and you will find it ...
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #4
ebookmania
Enthusiast
ebookmania began at the beginning.

Device: non
No reply to mail from booxtor. , scary support from onyx-boox (read Yale).
Still checking for a good place to buy onyx boox M92.
ebookmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:50 AM   #5
MatthiasR.
M92 user
MatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Onyx M92
Hey,

there is already another thread regarding this question, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=168424

I'd still recommend ereader-store.de, as booxtor does a very good job around here communicating with onyx (feature requests and so on..) and e.g. made the nicer stylus available.
MatthiasR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookmania View Post
No reply to mail from booxtor. , scary support from onyx-boox (read Yale).
Still checking for a good place to buy onyx boox M92.
Hi,
I guess I has replied to your email today (are you the customer from US with PP issue?) Sorry for delay. I had to stay last three days in bed - worst kind of influenza I ever had before
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #7
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthiasR. View Post
Hey,

there is already another thread regarding this question, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=168424

I'd still recommend ereader-store.de, as booxtor does a very good job around here communicating with onyx (feature requests and so on..) and e.g. made the nicer stylus available.
Let's not divert all the buyers to that store
I agree that Booxtor does a lot for us and I advise all the european clients to buy fromr him
I am not sure that money wise makes sense to buy from Europe when you are in US or Canada
Supporting a North American vendor to get some steam will make sure we get a good price here in the future.

Again, I do agree that Booxtor does a lot for the community but let's be fair and balanced.

thanks
PF

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 04-01-2012 at 11:05 PM.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:19 PM   #8
ebookmania
Enthusiast
ebookmania began at the beginning.

Device: non
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,
I guess I has replied to your email today (are you the customer from US with PP issue?) Sorry for delay. I had to stay last three days in bed - worst kind of influenza I ever had before
No, I'm the one who asked if you'll do a pixel test before shipping out m92.
Best wishes for your health.
ebookmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #9
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
Consider Onyxboox.com

Hi everyone. This is Yale from onyxboox.com. You're right in that there was one customer who had a bad experience shopping on the website. It was my fault for not helping him sooner. I am trying to get better. I am sure some of the other people on this forum have bought from my site and have had a generally positive experience. I know that I have not really participated in any meaningful way on this forum, but now is better than never. If you have any questions for me, please message me.

Thanks!
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:40 AM   #10
pdf-reader
pdf-reader began at the beginning.

Device: booxM92
Exclamation Onyxboox.com out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrikpatrik View Post
I think they are out of buisness. I have returned my M92 for repair to them on the 7:th of May, and it has not been returned. They do not answer mail nor telephone. I been calling them for weeks without any sucess. Unfortunately I think my M92 is lost forever. I hope you have not paied for yours!
Hello everyone,

I have heard that onyxboox.com is out of business but the website is still online (i.e. still accepting payments) ! Since it is one of the first google result for "onyx boox", I think it is worth posting.
Can anybody confirm this information, please?
Maybe MikeOnyx?

Thanks!
pdf-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:54 AM   #11
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
Hi

Anyone know where is the cheapest site to buy the m92 on europe? I want one to replace my old dr1000s
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:55 AM   #12
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
Hi

Anyone know where is the cheapest site to buy the m92 on europe? I want one to replace my old dr1000s
Here: http://ereader-store.de/de/17-onyx-boox

;°)
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:13 AM   #13
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Let's not divert all the buyers to that store
I agree that Booxtor does a lot for us and I advise all the european clients to buy fromr him

PF
I think we have to punish other sellers because Booxtor is the only seller that is taking seriously customers and firmware updates.

No other seller is doing the things Booxtor is doing.

Other way to say this is without Booxtor, Onyx will follow the same way Pocketbook: no bugs solve, no firmware updates, all PB devices are not firmware finished.

Then my recommendation is purchase Booxtor devices over all other sellers. Keep in mind that if Booxtor stops upgrading firmware, Onyx devices will stop having updates...
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #14
c_omran
c_omran began at the beginning.

Device: none
you can also check http://www.onyx-boox.com/
I think the price is good, and the most important advantage is IVONA 4
c_omran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #15
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Yes, but there is, as I have read in forums, a "difficulty" with firmware update. You cannot install any firmware (like this presented by Booxtor - yet another "official" Onyx distributor), but you have to wait for firmware release by www.onyx-boox.com.

If you consider e-reader with IVONA 4 text to speach engine (which is said to be very good), check what the situation with firmware update is. Maybe there is no real problem and special editions of firmware for those readers are released with no or only small delay...

Just to avoid any misunderstanding, I do not say, do not buy it there. If you expect to use TTS, Onyx with IVONA is probably worth considering, but there might be the "cost" of less flexibility of firmware updates...
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote