Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-14-2011, 03:48 AM   #16
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raice View Post
If you have questions - please ask.
Welcome to MobileRead!

Is the reader color or grayscale?
How fast is the screen, the transition between pages?
How does it handle pdf files?
Can you annotate on pdf files?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:12 AM   #17
Raice
Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Hanvon E920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
Welcome to MobileRead!

Is the reader color or grayscale?
How fast is the screen, the transition between pages?
How does it handle pdf files?
Can you annotate on pdf files?
Thanks!

The reader is grayscale. As I know, color model is only prototype.
Ectaco Color reader is also prototype.

Speed is fine for me, but today evening I'll try to compare it with my wife's Kindle 3

Yes, you can turn on Remarks and then annotate on PDF files
Raice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2011, 04:19 AM   #18
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Yes, you can turn on Remarks and then annotate on PDF files
Can you also export the annotations?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:20 AM   #19
Raice
Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
Can you also export the annotations?
You can Embed them
Old 09-14-2011, 05:15 AM   #20
jarreboum
jarreboum began at the beginning.

How does it behave with pdf? Does it crops the margins?
- Have you tried big textbooks of 50-200Mo, how long is it to open it and is the browsing (page changing) affected by the size? You can try this one if you don't mind downloading it (will be sent in pm). It's a color scan and I'm very curious of how does it come out on the E920.
- About an article like this one http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...3.0.CO;2-U/pdf which is quite compact, is it still readable? (the references, last pages are even more tiny.) I have a netbook, screensize 8.9", res 1024×600, and when its fullscreen full page in portrait mode it's barelyt readable. I still have hope because the E920 is slightly bigger with a better resolution but I'd rather be sure.
- How about this one? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...00225-0188.pdf This is I believe a scanned copy with all the problems it can have: images instead of text, blurry text. How does it behave with its margins?

Last edited by jarreboum; 09-14-2011 at 05:38 AM.
jarreboum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2011, 05:17 AM   #21
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiNK View Post
Still, eagerly waiting for the reviews of the grayscale version of E920, which we can expect to have shortly from Chinese reviewers.
Quote:
If you have questions - please ask.
Aha, here comes our first Chinese reviewer.
Welcome.

I'm all ears.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:20 AM   #22
Raice

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiNK View Post
Aha, here comes our first Chinese reviewer.
Welcome.

I'm all ears.
I'm not Chinese I'm Russian!
Old 09-14-2011, 05:29 AM   #23
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Quote:
I'm not Chinese I'm Russian!
I should have put it in quotes.
Now, shoot, I am itching.

Никто не совершенен.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:03 AM   #24
Raice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarreboum View Post
Does it crops the margins?
Yes, it can crop margins. Reflow is also available. Two weeks ago, I had opportunity to put my hands on pre-release reader (serial was 0123456789). On that reader I was able to set croppings by myself.
But in my own reader I couldn't find this feature.

Quote:
About an article like this one http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...3.0.CO;2-U/pdf which is quite compact, is it still readable?
yes

Quote:
How does it behave with its margins?
The margins are cropped, but I think, it will better to take some photos. I'll do it when I come home.

Quote:
how long is it to open it and is the browsing (page changing) affected by the size? You can try this one if you don't mind downloading it
Open: 18s
Change page (full redraw): 2.1s
Old 09-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #25
Raice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Ujzsr29Cc
Reading 200Mb PDF. Sorry for bad quality, I don't have any tripod
Old 09-15-2011, 03:44 AM   #26
Raice

Some photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/Dmitri....eat=directlink
Old 09-15-2011, 08:09 AM   #27
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
How much did you pay for the device?

Can it also open .djvu files?
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:40 AM   #28
Raice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post
How much did you pay for the device?

Can it also open .djvu files?
2880 RMB ~ 450 USD

No, it can't.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:53 AM   #29
Raice

Quote:
Two weeks ago, I had opportunity to put my hands on pre-release reader (serial was 0123456789). On that reader I was able to set croppings by myself.
I lied You can adjust borders manually
Old 09-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #30
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Raice, I envy you, 200ppi must be very nice...

How is battery life?

Has it a folder based view?

Thanks.
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote