Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
rmartinezv
rmartinezv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Big Problem With Kindle 3 and Jailbreak

Hi!

Some time ago, some relative jailbreak my Kindle 3. Today I make a restore to fabric and now the Jailbreak doesnt works, and I dont know the Jailbreak Version. I´d tried all the uninstallers but nothing.

When I make a new jailbreak give me error: There is a jailbreak installing.

There is a way to restore all de kindle to default and without the jailbrake files so make a new jailbreak?

Really apreciate the help!

Thanks.
rmartinezv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:54 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartinezv View Post
Hi!

Some time ago, some relative jailbreak my Kindle 3. Today I make a restore to fabric and now the Jailbreak doesnt works, and I dont know the Jailbreak Version. I´d tried all the uninstallers but nothing.

When I make a new jailbreak give me error: There is a jailbreak installing.

There is a way to restore all de kindle to default and without the jailbrake files so make a new jailbreak?

Really apreciate the help!

Thanks.
There are two jailbreaks -- yifanlu and NiLuJe. You need the matching uninstaller. If your kindle version is 3.3, you need the 3.2.1 uninstaller.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Actually, there's only one uninstaller (for each hack), the >= 3.2.1 thing is specific to the jb *install* only .

AFAIR, if you actually *get* to see the 'jailbreak already installed' message from an installer, it probably means you have the *other* jailbreak installed.

You probably should be able to reinstall the *same* jailbreak on top of itself, and if it's mine, you could also just manually put the 'linkjail' folder from the install package on the root of your Kindle. (You'll probably need to restart your Kindle to be able to install/uninstall custom stuff after that).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 03-09-2012 at 02:15 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
rmartinezv

Where I can find it?
Old 03-11-2012, 03:44 AM   #5
rmartinezv

Ok, I do this:

I find both versions of the Jailbreak.

Make the uninstall of both versions, all OK.

When I try to install yifanlu ver. give me error 007

When I try Niluje ver give me error 004

I got a Kindle 3 3.3 FW.

Can help me?
Advert
Old 03-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In my case, you'll need to use the -3.2.1 install file.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
rmartinezv

Nothing. Get U007 error. :-(
Old 03-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #8
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Did you test if the uninstall really worked? E.g. by trying to install a hack, e.g. launchpad? This is expected to fail for the case the jailbreak was properly uninstalled.

I had a similar problem once, but I didn't wrote what it was (I could fix this myself). But I think I had an old version of the jailbreak (I think it was yours, NiLuJe) installed and I took a newer version of the uninstaller (since I hadn't made a backup of an old one back then). This shouldn't be a problem from the documentation. The newer uninstall should work for older versions, I remembered. But somehow it wasn't. I was easily able to tell because after doing the uninstall, the device was still jailbroken. My conclusion back then was that I probably messed up the install of the first jailbreak by jailbreaking twice or by going from 3.0.x to 3.1 firmware. But I honestly didn't remember. I could fix this myself by installing usbnetwork and hacking the jailbreak out myself. But I would NOT advise this to someone who does not know exactly what each command entered does.

Root file system access (like via usbnetwork, alternatively e.g. myts) will allow more specific diagnosis.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Try again after restarting your Kindle. Some jb versions didn't actually reset the key to a 'vanilla' state during the uninstall process, relying on a reboot instead. That might explain what hawhill and you encountered .