Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
casualeye
casualeye began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I've bricked my nook

I took the plunge to softroot my Nook and now I think I've bricked it. When I turn it on the screen flashes black twice and then nothing happens. Blank screen. I've tried removing and replacing the battery. I've tried powering from AC with the battery in and out. I've tried holding in the power button, and I've tried connecting to my PC. All I get is two flashes of black and then nothing.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks
casualeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by casualeye View Post
I took the plunge to softroot my Nook and now I think I've bricked it. When I turn it on the screen flashes black twice and then nothing happens. Blank screen. I've tried removing and replacing the battery. I've tried powering from AC with the battery in and out. I've tried holding in the power button, and I've tried connecting to my PC. All I get is two flashes of black and then nothing.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks
Try power-cycling the nook several times to trigger the factory fallback (I believe it is 6 times, maybe 8?). Failing that, you can contact the guys at nookdevs, they've fixed bricked nooks for other people with similar problems as yours.

Last edited by afv011; 03-05-2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Typo
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2010, 03:26 PM   #3
BarnettR
BarnettR began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo
When I rooted my Nook it took a bit more time to come alive again the first time I turned it on. You get the screen flashes, then nothing. Try waiting a bit longer before doing any other actions. It may start up after a delay. NookDevs says that holding two keys and pressing the power button may force a factory load. Has not worked on mine though :-)
BarnettR is offline   Reply With Quote