Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 05-23-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
MSMYTH
MSMYTH began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS 600
CAN'T OPEN NOOK BOOK

I bought my first book from B & N. Downloaded it. Plugged my nook in and I notice Adobe digital isn't seeing the nook. It always had before. In addition, on the book I purchased, it says "error" Document is licensed for a different user account? What am I doing wrong. I was able to transfer books (not purchased thru B & N) before with no problem. Never used adobe digital before I got the nook. I always used the Sony E-reader library.
MSMYTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSMYTH View Post
I bought my first book from B & N. Downloaded it. Plugged my nook in and I notice Adobe digital isn't seeing the nook. It always had before. In addition, on the book I purchased, it says "error" Document is licensed for a different user account? What am I doing wrong. I was able to transfer books (not purchased thru B & N) before with no problem. Never used adobe digital before I got the nook. I always used the Sony E-reader library.
Does your computer recognize the NOOKcolor? If so, try deleting the ADE folder on the NOOKcolor using your computer's file explorer. Close Adobe Digital Edition and reopen it with the device plugged in first. See if it recognizes it and prompts you to authorize it.

Edit: Also, you don't need Adobe Digital Edition for NOOK books. If you bought it on your computer you should just be able to sync your library on the device and it should show on your device. Not sure what you're trying to do.

Last edited by SCION; 05-23-2011 at 01:25 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
MSMYTH

It is now recognizing it. I had it plugged in, but guess you have to let it open and I put my password in and it showed it. But the purchased book is still saying that it is licensed to a different user, even after I downloaded the book again.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It is now recognizing it. I had it plugged in, but guess you have to let it open and I put my password in and it showed it. But the purchased book is still saying that it is licensed to a different user, even after I downloaded the book again.
Read the edited post above.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #5
MSMYTH

I guess I don't know how to sync it. Nook is plugged in. How do I get book to Nook without Adobe digital?
Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
I guess I don't know how to sync it. Nook is plugged in. How do I get book to Nook without Adobe digital?
You sync it wirelessly, unplugged from your computer. It has to be able to access your NOOK library online. On the device you go into Library and you'll see a circle arrow at the bottom of the screen. Tap it to sync.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #7
MSMYTH

Duh, thanks. Forgot I'm wireless. Obviously, I'm new at this. You are a genius!! Thanks!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

You're welcome.