Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Intel in bed with Kno? Interestin'...

Well isn't this interesting. It doesn't mention anything about my order actually being delivered on April 14th. We shall see.

Intel Said to Lead $30 Million Funding of Education Startup Kno
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And check out the link. Kno has deleted their website, and it says "Copyright © 2011 Kno Inc. All rights reserved" 2011??? That would mean that it has new ownership, Kno?
Advert
Old 04-07-2011, 11:03 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Very interesting! I thought they were going to get out of the hardware side-but if Intel is getting involved, something must be afoot.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #4
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Very interesting! I thought they were going to get out of the hardware side-but if Intel is getting involved, something must be afoot.
It looks like they sold to Intel and Intel kept the name.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #5
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
It looks like they sold to Intel and Intel kept the name.
http://kara.allthingsd.com/20110407/...-hardware-biz/

Quote:
In addition to the funding from its venture capital arm, Intel itself will take over the hardware design business of Kno, which will now focus on its software to manage the devices that are aimed at the college market.

Intel will not manufacture tablets, but take its hardware blueprints and share it with their OEM partners.
Advert
Old 04-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #6
SolRaven
Wizard

So... my preorder won't be delivered, as I expected. I still don't believe that any tablets were shipped. I can't find any evidence of that anywhere, and I know a few people that have been looking.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #7
kjk

You better be put first in line to get whatever Intel is offering then!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:48 PM   #8
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
You better be put first in line to get whatever Intel is offering then!
It doesn't make sense for Intel (or whomever they license) not to honor the preorders. Although, I'm really loving my iPad and doubt I'll keep it. However, I haven't cancelled my order either.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:04 AM   #9
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Kno way!
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #10
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Hmmm......that's all I'm saying......Hmmmm.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #11
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Hmmm......that's all I'm saying......Hmmmm.
Yeah, I think it's still vaporware as well.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #12
SolRaven
Wizard

Kno Pre-Orders?? CANCELLED! Damn it!!!

Oh well, it's official; there goes my Christmas (2010) present.

Ironically, the email went to the Spam folder. I suspect because the return address wasn't from info@kno.com, support@kno.com, or david@kno.com like all of their other emails. This one was from <kno@reply.bronto.com>. Isn't that interesting??? So they kno longer own the domain name either. My guess is they may start software under the name and website .... "Chegg" LOL... I dunno.... just a guess.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fullscreen capture 482011 43245 PM.bmp.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	431.0 KB
ID:	69680  

Last edited by SolRaven; 04-08-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #13
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
So sorry Sol.

Guess it's time to sing the "Kno Better Blues".
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #14
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
So sorry Sol.

Guess it's time to sing the "Kno Better Blues".
Thanks Lark, unfortunately, I started singing a few months ago, but I was trying to keep it down. It's time for me to start belting it out!
Old 04-09-2011, 12:38 AM   #15
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I think the fish are in bed with Kno.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote