Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 07-07-2013, 05:22 AM   #1
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Making karma figures easier to read

Just a very small suggestion:

When displaying the amount of karma (in the small panel to the left of each message), would it be possible to format the number with a thousand seperator (comma or full stop)?

In other words, instead of 3028640, you would see 3,028,640. This would make it easier to see the figure at a glance. It is already done with the number of posts.

Just a thought. It's not a serious problem.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
Alyssa Miranda
Connoisseur
Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle and Nook
I couldn't agree more, and would carry your suggestion a step further.

By using the abbreviations "K" and "M" when the level of karma reaches a thousand and a million, respectively, together with a decimal point indicating fractional amounts. I would additionally suggest that all karma, both given and received, be archived for review purposes. Having recently joined the site, I was unaware of how karma worked (see the thread, "How is karma doled out?" below) until educated by the posters in that thread. When I accessed my account, only the last two karma givers were shown, leaving me unable to thank those who gave karma previously. Similarly, when I started giving others karma, there was no record of my having done so, either to whom, what thread, and what I said. I think it would be helpful to create in effect a "sent" category, much like you have for e-mails.
Alyssa Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa Miranda View Post
When I accessed my account, only the last two karma givers were shown, leaving me unable to thank those who gave karma previously.
All karma you get is archived, if there are only two givers it means that only those two are responsible for your karma amount.
But it really is not worth investing too much thought into the karma system. Give it freely, have fun giving and getting it, use it as a means of (hidden) communication but please don't spend too much time gazing at the numbers or drawing conclusions from them.
Yes, Mike, points or commas would make the gazing at the numbers a lot easier.

Last edited by Billi; 07-07-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The whole karma system will be changing when a new version of the software is installed. We had to move to a different forum tool and currently this is undergoing development to implement MobileRead specific changes.

We hope to be able to convert the current Karma values to something in the new system but not the million of karma points stuff. The new system will be much easier to read and represent karma values more equitably I believe.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Ye gods! The Karmageddon is near!
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #6
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I wonder if I could sell mine now before this becomes general knowledge?

Nothing like a bit of insider trading.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote