Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-20-2010, 02:28 AM   #61
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
HAHA I just realized, the Boox that was being showcased in the video is my personal one. Good thing she didn't go into the music folder, I'd be made fun of.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:44 AM   #62
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
You know, seeing that video, and comparing to what I saw during the CeBit last year, I'd say it has been much approved! And I love it even better...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2010, 07:38 AM   #63
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOnyx View Post
According to corporate, this format will be supported in 3-4 weeks.
Thank you Mike. I am just hoping DJVU reading would be a smooth experience on BOOX.
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:23 AM   #64
GyGeek
Connoisseur
GyGeek is on a distinguished road

Device: Samsung Q1 Ultra, Boox 60, Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOnyx View Post
There is an email reader and content aggregator in the works.
I'm looking forward to that, hope it's available and works adequately before summer, so I can use this thing out by the pool! Not that I can't do that now with Calibre, but it would alleviate a step in the process of putting the daily reading material on the device.
GyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:42 AM   #65
luag
Zealot
luag began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
If possible, syncing with Google Reader would be an awesome feature too
luag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 05:19 AM   #66
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by luag View Post
If possible, syncing with Google Reader would be an awesome feature too
:-) That would be great, wouldn't it?
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #67
ac4lt
Connoisseur
ac4lt began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Add me to the boox bandwagon. Mine arrived at the office while I was at lunch. It's my first dedicated ereader and I'm looking forward to getting to know it over the next few days.
ac4lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #68
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
My wife would like to know if you can search for recipes on the Internet and then have them on the reader while she is cooking. I suppose it is possible but is it usable? I am interested myself also but I usually don't follow recipes to the letter. So for me it is less important.
i forgot the recipes. ill try later today or tomorrow.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #69
robslp
Enthusiast
robslp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 & 3, Nook, Android Razr, Fire, Transformer Prime.
Has anybody downloaded and opened an EPub or PDF secured book from Overdrive media on the Boox 60?
robslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:45 AM   #70
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Did you mean the regular way over a computer through ADE or did you mean over the air directly from the Boox Browser? I haven't tried straight from the Boox but it shouldn't work because of the way ADE authorizes devices.

However , when I saw your question I realized I hadn't tried the regular way with the newest firmware. I ran into a snag when the book I purchased (from an overdrive vendor picked from their site) would not transfer to the Boox. neither would another book I got from the ADE site as a test sample.

After a message to ADE support I de-auth'd and then re-auth'd the Boox and now it is working fine. I had run into the issue before of ADE not seeing a new firmware as the old device BUT in this case it didn't ask to authorize the Boox when I started ADE it just wouldn't transfer books to it. Hopefully we can find out why that happened as its a new twist for me.

-Charlie
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:14 AM   #71
LenzGr
Enthusiast
LenzGr began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac4lt View Post
Add me to the boox bandwagon. Mine arrived at the office while I was at lunch. It's my first dedicated ereader and I'm looking forward to getting to know it over the next few days.
Welcome aboard! The Boox is my first eBook reader, too. This Forum is a very useful resource.
LenzGr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:40 AM   #72
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
I am really interested in the wireless capabilities. Can someone post about any experience with acquiring books wirelessly?
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:44 AM   #73
yessirrom
Connoisseur
yessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enough

Device: HTC HD2 and i-Pad
I have taken the plunge and ordered the Boox 60. I am excited about what seems to be a great feature set. I have been a Mobipocket user for years and look forward to reading these with out conversion. I have stripped all drm as a matter of principle after purchasing. I don't lease my vehicles either.

Can anyone confirm whether the hyperlinks to other books work when using a mobipocket file? This alone would make the Boox a must have......
yessirrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:28 AM   #74
ac4lt
Connoisseur
ac4lt began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel47 View Post
I am really interested in the wireless capabilities. Can someone post about any experience with acquiring books wirelessly?
I tried downloading a book from MR this morning. It downloaded an "attachment.php" file to the downloads file in the SD card. The boox couldn't open that file but it may just be a file naming issue. When I get a chance, I'll rename the file to .epub and see if it can be opened.
ac4lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #75
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac4lt View Post
I tried downloading a book from MR this morning. It downloaded an "attachment.php" file to the downloads file in the SD card. The boox couldn't open that file but it may just be a file naming issue. When I get a chance, I'll rename the file to .epub and see if it can be opened.
It's much easier to find sample ePubs on Project Gutenberg rather than MR. Try, for example, one of my favorites
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, onyx