Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 08:57 AM   #16
Blackranger3d
Blackranger3d began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ V7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nation.A.List View Post
What ver of firmware are you running?
Hasty, Jaunty and Karmic are ubuntu release names, Karmic being the latest stable version.
I'm running V5.
Blackranger3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #17
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter

Device: SmartQ 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackranger3d View Post
I'm running V5.
The default repo for ver 5.0 onwards is;
deb http://ports.ubuntu.com karmic main universe restricted multiverse although you can also use jaunty in place of karmic if desired/necessary.
Nation.A.List is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2009, 12:10 AM   #18
Blackranger3d

Awesome that worked.

Update was successful
Installation was successful.

But later when I went to unit the comix icon (under graphics) was gone.
When I try and reinstall (using sudo command) unit tells me comix is already present.
If I try to remove it (sudo apt-get remove comix) it get all the way through, even asks if I really want to uninstall and then tells me that I need at least one file to remove and that there is an error.

Same result if I run sudo apt-get purge comix.

Any ideas.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:58 AM   #19
Nation.A.List
Addict

Quote:
Awesome that worked.

Update was successful
Installation was successful.

But later when I went to unit the comix icon (under graphics) was gone.
When I try and reinstall (using sudo command) unit tells me comix is already present.
If I try to remove it (sudo apt-get remove comix) it get all the way through, even asks if I really want to uninstall and then tells me that I need at least one file to remove and that there is an error.

Same result if I run sudo apt-get purge comix.

Any ideas.
If you have a file called soft.img on your SD card it is likely your comix install was made to your SD card. If so you must have the same SD card present and recognised by your device for the app/s to show in the menu/s. If not you will need to be more specific re the error for us to advise further.
On a slight tangent, soft.img has it's +'s & -'s, but if you get organised it can be quite useful e.g. You could delete the pre-installed apps (to save space for essential stuff) and on 1 SD card have your music playing app & all your music files. On another SD card you could have your ereader/comics apps and all your books/comics + the same for movies/videos etc. It does mean you may be better off with 4 x 4GB SD cards than 1 16GB card.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:38 AM   #20
Blackranger3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nation.A.List View Post
If you have a file called soft.img on your SD card it is likely your comix install was made to your SD card. If so you must have the same SD card present and recognised by your device for the app/s to show in the menu/s. If not you will need to be more specific re the error for us to advise further.
On a slight tangent, soft.img has it's +'s & -'s, but if you get organised it can be quite useful e.g. You could delete the pre-installed apps (to save space for essential stuff) and on 1 SD card have your music playing app & all your music files. On another SD card you could have your ereader/comics apps and all your books/comics + the same for movies/videos etc. It does mean you may be better off with 4 x 4GB SD cards than 1 16GB card.
Damn that makes sense. I took the SD card out and put another card full of comic books in to test them. Thats when it went all weird.

Ok I think I magnified the problem, I formated that card as I was going to use it to reflash my unit (didn't get around to it).

So I guess my question is how do I make unbuntu remove the link to the program in the registry.
Advert
Old 12-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #21
Nation.A.List
Addict

Quote:
Damn that makes sense. I took the SD card out and put another card full of comic books in to test them. Thats when it went all weird.

Ok I think I magnified the problem, I formated that card as I was going to use it to reflash my unit (didn't get around to it).

So I guess my question is how do I make unbuntu remove the link to the program in the registry.
If its not on the SD card it should not need any further intervention. Have you tried to install it again?

Read this thread here about modifying the size of your soft.img file http://www.smartqmid.com/phpBB3/view...ython2+6#p2180
Old 12-15-2009, 10:05 PM   #22
Blackranger3d

Hey Nation.

What I mean is that I do think that it was installed on the SD card. But at the time I didn't know that ubuntu would do that so I took the SD card out and then subsequently formated it.