Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
Ehhh
Connoisseur
Ehhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle Touch
HQ Kindle Touch Player (flac, mp3, wav formats)

I compiled all plugins of gsteramer for Kindle Touch and developed a demo application which plays audios. The Audio DAC of Kindle Touch supports sample rate 96Khz , sample size 16, channels 2. And now i can listent to the best audios in Flac formats. I need only contol player instead of standart music player in experemential menu. This contol player should browse directories and create a list of files. And sends controls to my player. Can someone help me with examples and instructions, how to change or extend standart player?
Ehhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
All I found is this:

lipc-set-prop -- com.lab126.mediaplayer control (0=exit 1=next_song 2=previous_song 3=pause 4=play)

lipc-set-prop -- com.lab126.mediaplayer volume (from 0 to 15) set the volume

I didn't find anything to launch the player.
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
Ehhh
Connoisseur
Ehhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the rough

Thank you silver18,

lipc-set-prop uses standart player, but i have an own now.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehhh View Post
Thank you silver18,

And this leads to my post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...80#post1956180

Anyone?
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
Ehhh
Connoisseur

can anyone try to play video?
Old 02-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
Novo
Enthusiast
Novo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
can anyone try to play video?
on an e-ink display with that refresh rate and black / white? yeah -.-
Novo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
B0bby Wats
B0bby Wats began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
So Ehhh, how's the progress with ur HQ Kindle Touch Player (flac, mp3, wav formats)?
hope ur almost done there
B0bby Wats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:17 AM   #8
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
on an e-ink display with that refresh rate and black / white? yeah -.-
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=173412
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #9
MatzeMatz
Enthusiast
MatzeMatz began at the beginning.

Quote:
So you may have to replace the call of the standard play
er with your own ?

I'm really interested in an audio player which allows much more control than the build in one (including possibility to store the position in an audio file when stopping / leaving and restore it on next start)
and access to UPNP data would also be nice (although I assume that this would cost a lot battery time)

Actually I don't care about video playback (I will play videos only to get some "oohs" and "aahs" from other owners of eBook readers )
MatzeMatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:33 AM   #10
Ehhh
Connoisseur

MatzeMatz,

i agree with you, that to have Upnp/Dlna/DRM audio player with (play, stop, ff, rew, pause, seek ) commands, is more realistic than video playback. Because KT has a good quilaty of Dac. But it needs a team and time to develop such player. It's serious project, which will be used by thousand users.

Last edited by Ehhh; 04-22-2012 at 04:47 AM.