Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 01:39 AM   #61
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I might as well post my question in this thread. I was trying to work out Karma.

I apologise to all who have said something deserving of Karma as I've never clicked on that button once. However, I have Karma and I don't know why/how.

Is there a way you can check at what time, at what place and for what reason you were awarded Karma?

Regards
Caleb
If you click on your User CP link (top left corner) and scroll down (below any subscriptions you may have) you will see a list of all of the posts for which you received karma, on what dates and who sent it. You will also see any comments made at the time (if the person who gave you karma chose to include one). You will NOT however see how many points you received from each individual post, just the overall total of points you currently have.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:29 AM   #62
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
I might as well post my question in this thread. I was trying to work out Karma.

I apologise to all who have said something deserving of Karma as I've never clicked on that button once. However, I have Karma and I don't know why/how.

Is there a way you can check at what time, at what place and for what reason you were awarded Karma?

Regards
Caleb
In your User CP, towards the bottom there should be a section titled Latest Reputation Received (It may be minimised)... It should provide a list of who and for what post (but not what amount).
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:57 AM   #63
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Oh - now I feel really embarrassed. I found the section and some people have made some really nice comments and I wasn't even aware.

I'm going to make sure I pay more attention to Karma now as it's a really nice way to tell people that you appreciate something they've written.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:24 AM   #64
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Go to your User Control Panel (User CP link in the second links bar, just under the mobileread logo).

Scroll down past New Subscribed Threads and any other Subscriptions, to "Latest Reputation Received"

Here's a list of the people who've given you Karma, and links to the post yor made which prompted the gift of Karma.

I think you have some "Thank you" private messages to send....
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:25 AM   #65
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I think you have some "Thank you" private messages to send....
And I must try to remember to always check to see if there's another page of comments before posting!
Old 01-16-2011, 05:55 AM   #66
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
And I must try to remember to always check to see if there's another page of comments before posting!
It's a problem I experience frequently - and yet I am sure I always reach the last available post .... .... until I post mine and then find more ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:29 AM   #67
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
It's a problem I experience frequently - and yet I am sure I always reach the last available post .... .... until I post mine and then find more ....
they lurk in the shadows, waiting for the exact moment to jump out and stick themselves in front of your post. It's just the way the Lluniverse works...
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #68
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
You can also use karma when you dislike a comment. You can send a couple points with the message "If you would have tried harder you would have received more."
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #69
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
You can also use karma when you dislike a comment. You can send a couple points with the message "If you would have tried harder you would have received more."
should I give you K on your freak sense of humor

I never realized that some people take K seriously. In my own opinion, the Karma points is just a figure showing how much others appreciate your posts and that's all. It's not worth paying so much attention to, and are there some people really, I mean REALLY, who set up other accounts to bust their own K? And they even 'transfer' K between those accounts to make the K points they can give higher? That sounds ridiculous, as if those people have nothing better to do apart from self-promoting.

I give K to people whose posts I found helpful, unique or interesting: information, advices, genuine thoughts and opinions about many things besides e-readers market. And I don't see what's wrong with that.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #70
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
I never realized that some people take K seriously.
Says someone with over 100,000 points.... (!)
Old 01-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #71
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:

Regards
Caleb
If you click on "User CP" at the top of the screen you'll see the post that was used to give you karma.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/usercp.php
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #72
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Caleb,

please, tell us, what have you taken that everyone seems to have the burning desire to answer you here? I want it, too!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:29 PM   #73
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Caleb,

please, tell us, what have you taken that everyone seems to have the burning desire to answer you here? I want it, too!
It's very easy — he asked a question for which people actually have an answer. And it appeared just at the end of a page, so that people mistakenly believe it hasn't been answered yet!
Old 01-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #74
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Says someone with over 100,000 points.... (!)
in less than a month!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #75
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
in less than a month!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote