Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
WraithTDK
WraithTDK began at the beginning.

Device: Motrola Atrix 2 w/Kindle App
Question Cover image problems.

I'm having a devil of a time getting the cover to three of my Gears of War ebooks to show up in the Kindle App on my Android phone (a Motorola Atrix 2). I used Calibre to download the metadata from Amazon and add the cover. When I open the Kindle Desktop app, the books show up just fine, cover and all. But no matter what I do, I can't get the covers to show on my phone.

So far, I have tried:

1. Copying the .mobi files to my phone's Kindle directory.
2. Copying the .mobi, .jpeg and .opf to my phone's Kindle directory.
3. Mounting my phone's Kindle directory as a device in Calibre and using "send to device.
4. "Converting" the files from .mobi to .mobi.

Nothing seems to work. My only clue so far is that I played around with a program called mobi2mobi and used the mobi2mobi Windows GUI and found that the files had thumbnails but no cover showed up. But even from within mobi2mobi I couldn't get the covers to stick no matter what I did.

I'm about to pull my hair out. Help?
WraithTDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
After downloading the covers in Calibre did you try doing a mobi to mobi conversion? This seems to sometimes be needed to get covers to be properly embedded into the mobi file.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
WraithTDK
WraithTDK began at the beginning.

Device: Motrola Atrix 2 w/Kindle App
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
After downloading the covers in Calibre did you try doing a mobi to mobi conversion? This seems to sometimes be needed to get covers to be properly embedded into the mobi file.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithTDK View Post

So far, I have tried:

1. Copying the .mobi files to my phone's Kindle directory.
2. Copying the .mobi, .jpeg and .opf to my phone's Kindle directory.
3. Mounting my phone's Kindle directory as a device in Calibre and using "send to device.
4. "Converting" the files from .mobi to .mobi.
WraithTDK is offline   Reply With Quote