Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #61
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I would love to read about what it does. Anyone using it, or just looking for it?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #62
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspitzer View Post
Kindle DX firmware (2.5) is posted - I am not sure if it will work with the Kindle 2 also but you can try (note it will only work with 2.3.2 not 2.3.3) if anyone has the 2.3.3 to 2.5 bin file please email me and ill post it there also

Someone pleeeeeaseee, prettty pleeeease, 2.3.3 to 2.5 for the US DX, pleasssee....
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #63
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I would love to read about what it does. Anyone using it, or just looking for it?
Here are the claims Amazon is making for it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200324680
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #64
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Kindle DX firmware (2.5) is posted - I am not sure if it will work with the Kindle 2 also but you can try (note it will only work with 2.3.2 not 2.3.3) if anyone has the 2.3.3 to 2.5 bin file please email me and ill post it there also
That' the same file I have, and I thought mine was K2 US 2.5.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #65
synlor
synlor has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle DX
The file I sent to Nate should have been the DX US version that goes from 2.3.2 to 2.3.0.
synlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #66
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks to MobileRead, I have now turned on Whispernet and have reset and turned my Kindle off and on 15-20 times, looking for the update. I saw a screen shot over on the kindle forums - collections is just menu, add to collection. You can have something in multiple collections. Once I get the update (soon, please?) I will sit down with Calibre and add the books on my kindle to collections. So at least I can come up with my categories while I am waiting.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #67
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Thanks to MobileRead, I have now turned on Whispernet and have reset and turned my Kindle off and on 15-20 times, looking for the update.

Yep, have worn off this button.

Quote:
So at least I can come up with my categories while I am waiting.
Yes, I did that the other day on stickit notes. The cat thought this was a good game. My stikit notes are all now stuck around the room. Sigh.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #68
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
My stikit notes are all now stuck around the room. Sigh.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #69
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Well, I have 230 books on mine. I am going to write them all down on paper, then add the tags from Calibre. I am watching the final episode of last year's True Blood while I do it.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #70
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Quote:
Well, I have 230 books on mine. I am going to write them all down on paper, then add the tags from Calibre. I am watching the final episode of last year's True Blood while I do it.

I'm editing the metadata of all my Amazon books, since I have a lot of series, and the stupid publishers can't decide whether or not to put the book number in the title and whether or not to put a comma in the authors' names...
Old 05-07-2010, 12:18 PM   #71
brakeb
brakeb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX (US)
Quote:
You can use this - ill leave it up for people to download also (please no abuse 2.5 bin files only)

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BzSz...NTFiYWRm&hl=en
I am hosting this file here:

http://drop.io/hidden/gy1pqr1nkp3qjq...I5MDAwNTctYmlu

I don't how long it will stay up... but here it is...

drop.io is a free service, giving you 100MB of free space. the only kicker is that you have remember your d/l name, which is a random string (ex. "d2f89a2kjk")
brakeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #72
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno
Bluesman7 doesn't litterBluesman7 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Can someone refresh my memory on the installation process? Does one just add the file to the root directory and then restart or are there other steps?

Thanks in advance.
Bluesman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #73
Anarel
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman7 View Post
Can someone refresh my memory on the installation process? Does one just add the file to the root directory and then restart or are there other steps?

Thanks in advance.
Add the file to the root directory, eject the kindle, home, menu, settings, Update your Kindle.

If the Update Your Kindle option is greyed out and you can't select it then the file isn't the one you need in particular.

@ brakeb

http://drop.io/hidden/gy1pqr1nkp3qjq...I5MDAwNTctYmlu

I don't how long it will stay up... but here it is...

drop.io is a free service, giving you 100MB of free space. the only kicker is that you have remember your d/l name, which is a random string (ex. "d2f89a2kjk")

Which file is that you're hosting?
Old 05-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #74
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno
Bluesman7 doesn't litterBluesman7 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post
Add the file to the root directory, eject the kindle, home, menu, settings, Update your Kindle.

If the Update Your Kindle option is greyed out and you can't select it then the file isn't the one you need in particular.
That's what I thought. It was grayed out on my wife's Kindle so I guess it's not the proper file after all.

Thanks for the quick assist.
Bluesman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #75
swede
swede began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Intl
This is for Kindle with devicecode = 04, i guess its DX,
03 seems to be K2i
swede is offline   Reply With Quote