Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
SwordPen
SwordPen is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!SwordPen is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!SwordPen is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!SwordPen is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!SwordPen is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!SwordPen is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!SwordPen is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!SwordPen is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!SwordPen is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!SwordPen is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!SwordPen is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle
Trying to convert azw book

Hi,

New here & no expert in any of this, just use Calibri etc for myself.

I am trying to convert an Amazon azw ebook to epub, so I can listen to it on my iTouch with a audio book reader called Voice Dream. (I do this as my iTouch weighs far less than my Kindle when I go backpacking, I also like the audio as we listen to books around the campfire).

The Amazon book is actually free today 8/3/13 & is called Treasure of the High Sierra: Dead Men's Gold (Florea and Holland Mystery Series) [Kindle Edition].

But I can't get it to convert.

I am using Calibri v 0.9.4 without any plugins.

I have always been able to do this before, but lately (within the last 6 months), have sometimes been having problems.

Is anyone able to convert this book?

Thanks!
SwordPen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It likely has DRM applied.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2013, 02:30 AM   #3
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
from what I see on book's amazon page (http://www.amazon.com/Treasure-High-...dle+Edition%5D)
This book has amazon drm applied. (one of easy ways to check is look for 'Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited' on book's page)
This mean for this book regular conversion won't work because either Amazon doesn't want you to do so.

Somebody told me that Apprentice Alf is your friend in such situations (search right here on MobileRead)
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post

Somebody told me that Apprentice Alf is your friend in such situations (search right here on MobileRead)
Search on Google, et al., would be better.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:14 AM   #5
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Good to know.

forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert