Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
tonyyd
tonyyd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
EBOK FILES

Hi,

I am really new to this and the question I am going to ask is probably easily answered but I cannot find any reference to it in these forums.

I have installed Calibre and in the list of books are loads which start with B000 followed by a random mix of characters and numbers and ending .EBOK.

I think from what I have read that .EBOK files are used by Amazon Kindle to store info on the page number you are up to, bookmarks, etc.

Is there any way I can suppress these from showing in the library index?

Thanks,

Tony
tonyyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Are you sure that they end in .ebok and don't have a _ebok after the string of numbers with an extension of .azw?
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
tonyyd

EBOK FILES

Hi, MSWallack,

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	803
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	77620

I have attached a clip of the library index produced by Calibre.

My son uses Calibre and he does not seem to have this problem - have I done something wrong? I followed the installation instructions carefully.

Tony
Old 10-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Quick question: Are you using Windows, Mac, or Linux?

Also, note that books that you purchase from Amazon are (usually) protected with DRM (digital rights management). Calibre cannot do much with protected books. And I suspect that your books are protected because otherwise (I think) Calibre would have been able to extract the metadata (author, title, etc.) from the eBook file.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #5
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
It seems like you have imported the .mph-files. They keep bookmarks and highlights.

Did you import everything in the My Kindle Content-folder into calibre? You should just add the .asw-files.

Does your books show up in calibre? With proper titles and authors? The file size for these should be bigger than <0.1. If they do you can just delete the other files from calibre.

(If you want calibre to manage the bookmarks-files, you can add these to the corresponding books later)
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #6
tonyyd

Hi MSWallack & Tilia,

Thanks to both of you for your quick and helpful advice.

MSWallack - I don't recall getting an option of what to input from my Kindle - I plugged it in and Calibre automatically pulled everything across.

Tilia - Yes the equivalent books are showing so I shall do as you suggest and just erase the Ebok files.

Many thanks again,

Tony