Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
DaiShan
DaiShan began at the beginning.

Device: Nook & iPad
Question Having Issues w/ Covers Inside ePubs - Nook or iPad

I have some eBooks in Calibre and have changed the cover art by editing each book's metadata individually. The covers appear in the right-hand pane just fine.

When I import them to the Nook and iPad, the thumbnails are fine.

However, when I open the books and go to the 1st page, only 1 of the books displays the cover. Same issue with both the Nook and iPad.

Is there anyway in Calibre to force the cover art I want to become "Page 1" of the book?
DaiShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:51 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiShan View Post
However, when I open the books and go to the 1st page, only 1 of the books displays the cover. Same issue with both the Nook and iPad.

Is there anyway in Calibre to force the cover art I want to become "Page 1" of the book?
When exporting a book from calibre, calibre attempts to set the cover you have specified in the library view. However to do this the ePub being exported needs to already have a cover properly set and identified. Not every ePub has their cover properly identified, in these cases doing a ePub to ePub conversion then sending the epub to the device should correct the issue.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
kenif1
kenif1 began at the beginning.

Device: android
Thanks for that answer dwanthny. Converting ePub to ePub creates the cover inside the file.
kenif1 is offline   Reply With Quote