Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-14-2008, 08:34 PM   #391
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I thought you always hung the towel over the webcam? I mean, it looks fluffy and fuzzy everytime I try to watch it.
That could be my butt...and a bit of Narnia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
He sat in the jungle, waiting.
WOOHOO! I'm doin' my Mowgli Happydance right now!

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:46 PM   #392
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Vera sat in the cargo bay. She was getting tired of being the third wheel in this pantomime. After all, she was top bill, wasn't she? She struggled with her bonds and found, once again, that they were tight and not budging. The Japanese sailors brought the large cylinders into the bay. There were four of them. Each of them had Japanese glyphs painted on them. She wished that she had paid attention in class when she'd taken the Japanese course in High School.

Fujimora moaned loudly in the corner. She really wished that he wouldn't do that. He sounded awful and she didn't wnat her last... She didn't want to be hearing that when... She just didn't want to hear that right now.

And the socks were back. That was stranger than the first time that she had heard Vivaldi talk. Even considering that it had been a five minute monologue, none of which could have been printed in a family newspaper. Even the prepositions had been vulgar.

They were creeping around the parachute pack. She was quite certain that there was something about to happen.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2008, 09:18 PM   #393
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I'm not really going to point fingers, here, but it was someone from Central Casting with the initals Nekokami who sent the squid rather than the gun. I mean, being violentlly opposed to violence is good, and all, but we gotta make do with what we got to work with, then, eh?
Look, I sent the squid to form common cause with Vera-- the squid could untie her bonds, and she could find the squid some nice warm salt water somewhere. Now you've got Myatake or whatever his name is oppressing both the squid AND Vera! Don't go blaming me!

And don't expect me to send in my Silly Bird, either!
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:00 AM   #394
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Harv and Vivaldi sat in the cockpit, feeling helpless. The socks' plan could only be played out back at Lake Gatun.

"Sort of quiet out there," said Harv.

"Yeah. Too quiet, if you know what I mean.""

Last edited by pshrynk; 11-15-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:11 AM   #395
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
little did they know....

it wasn't the same without the langoustines...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #396
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Oh, I like the jungle twist! Agreed, very masterful way to get .... shhh ..... you know who .... involved!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:34 PM   #397
pshrynk

Myatake came forward. "We are ready to go."

"How much weight are we carrying?"

"An extra four hundred pounds. Your plane should be able to handle it."

Harv did some mental calculations. "Should be no problem. Back to Gatun?"

"That will do. Oh, and should you have any ideas of trying any of your 'fancy' maneuvers, just be aware that there are not enough seats in the back for everyone and your Miss Vera will be riding without a seatbelt."

"Bastard!"

"Not according to my mother. For a dog, you are quite lippy."

"Whatever. Strap yourself in, laughing boy. I'd hate for you to fly out witht the slipstream on takeoff."

"How droll."

"You know," said Harv after Myatake had left, "It doesn't do any good to antagonize him."

"Doesn't hurt, either."

"True enough."

"Wanta skip the checklist again?"

"Check."
Old 11-15-2008, 09:56 PM   #398
pshrynk

After they were airborn, Harv turned to Vivaldi and said, "Take over. I need to get the harness ready."

"I'm enjoying having my head out the window too much. Why not turn on the autopilot"

They both looked down at the control panel. There in the middle was a plate labeled "M.A.R.V.I.N."

"You mean the Multi-Axial Reactive Vortex Inertial Navigator?"

"We have another autopilot?"

Harv flicked the switch.

"Well, it took you long enough. It's not like anyone really cares about the autopilot."

"Just fly the plane. Vivaldi -- wiggle the controls every now and then to make sure the passengers don't get suspicious that we're up to something."

"Oh, sure. Ask the dog to do it. He's an organic being. Not that having a Genuine People Personality Prototype is good enough to fake the flight characteristics of a real person. It's very depressing."

Last edited by pshrynk; 11-15-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:57 PM   #399
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
JOY !!!!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:15 PM   #400
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
DITTO !!!!!
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:08 AM   #401
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
INDEED, YAY VERILY!!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:25 AM   #402
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:42 AM   #403
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
calm yourselves children, it's only a story ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:18 PM   #404
pshrynk

It's just a model! Wait -- that's for the Python Only thread...
Old 11-16-2008, 05:25 PM   #405
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
calm yourselves children, it's only a story ....
Michael Winner?
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birth of the cool, farking and lower farking, hugo and lefty, liseuse, ongoing saga, saga, screaming mad adrian, the birth of the cool, the goose, unutterable silliness, vera