Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
Caseyknox
Caseyknox began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3
Calibre library to kindle library

Hi, I have just spent 4days moving all my ebooks on to calibre, sorting out the titles, front covers and then converting them to mobi format from PDF. calibre is great.

Now my problem is moving books from calibre library to my kindle library on the iPad.

I can not find any way of move the books to my kindle library from the calibre library any advice please?
Caseyknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
dickon25
Groupie
dickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505. Pocketbook Inkpad 840
If you set the Calibre server running you can access your library from your iPad and import the books you want. I have Stanza on the iPad and it works perfectly.
dickon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I use a Mac, but I will assume the procedure is the same in Windows. There are probably other ways to do this, but this is how I put ebooks from Calibre onto the Kindle app on my iPad:

1. Connect your iPad to you computer.

2. Click on your iPad under Device in iTunes.

3. Click Apps in the main iTunes window.

4. Near the bottom, under File Sharing, you will see a listing of iPad apps that allow file sharing. Click on Kindle. Note the Kindle Documents area that appears to the right.

5. Drag whatever ebook file(s) you want from the Calibre window and drop them on the Kindle Documents area in iTunes. (I find I need to hover over the window for about a second, or the files will not drop).

6. Click the Apply button, and sync the iPad.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
Caseyknox
Caseyknox began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3
Hi thanks I have tried the above mentioned but it was not quite what I wanted.

Once I followed the above details it did add the book but only to my iPad kindle library. When I logged on to kindle pc that book was not there.

The book have now be converted from pdf format to mobi.

But what I need to know is how to add them to my kindle "cloud" library.

I know how to add them on to my iPad in the kindle but this only adds it to my device not the kindle library. As when I check the kindle pc library it's not there.

Any help woud be greatful.

Kindest regards

Casey
Caseyknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:16 PM   #5
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Of course it is not going to be there when you only connected the iPad to the computer. The iPad cannot upload anything to the Amazon cloud. You can do that by sending files via email to your Kindle email address, but you only get 5MB worth of storage for your own files.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Of course it is not going to be there when you only connected the iPad to the computer. The iPad cannot upload anything to the Amazon cloud. You can do that by sending files via email to your Kindle email address, but you only get 5MB worth of storage for your own files.
There's also Amazon's "send to kindle" application for Windows that can send to the cloud and/or selected devices. However, I don't believe that Kindle for PC is able (yet) to access the personal documents in the "cloud" library -- only Amazon purchases show up.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #7
hbtaylor
Enthusiast
hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: iPad 3, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
I think you may mean 5GB?
hbtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote