Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-04-2012, 06:03 AM   #1
antonin.chadima
antonin.chadima began at the beginning.

Device: samsung galaxy tab p1000
feature request

would it be please possible to add css tidy and css validation. css tidy is written in c++ and is under GPL license. the w3c css validator is written in java :-(, can be used as command line and is under W3C SOFTWARE NOTICE AND LICENSE, which is compatible with GPL.

i'm finding many errors in css in epubs and i would like to be able to validate css as in oxygen xml editor.

thanks
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/DOWNLOAD.html
http://csstidy.sourceforge.net/
antonin.chadima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin.chadima View Post
would it be please possible to add css tidy and css validation. css tidy is written in c++ and is under GPL license. the w3c css validator is written in java :-(, can be used as command line and is under W3C SOFTWARE NOTICE AND LICENSE, which is compatible with GPL.

i'm finding many errors in css in epubs and i would like to be able to validate css as in oxygen xml editor.

thanks
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/DOWNLOAD.html
http://csstidy.sourceforge.net/
I second this request, but perhaps it will have to wait until a plugin framework is developed. IMHO that would be a more general solution.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I would think these are prime candidates for the future plugin system.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:21 AM   #4
antonin.chadima
antonin.chadima began at the beginning.

Device: samsung galaxy tab p1000
css validation, css code highlighting and pretty formatting is an essential feature as xhtml (highlighting, validation and formatting) and xml (highlighting, validation and formatting) for the conten.opf and toc.ncx files by their definition and schema. I would not prefer to solve css validation with a plugin. Validation, highlighting and formatting should be a core feature.
antonin.chadima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
We disagree on that. I don't find CSS validation a core feature, it is a nice to have. Pretty formating is a nice to have, but not a 'core feature'. You can also perform good housekeeping.
Therefore these would be prime candidates for plugins.

Highlighting is somethings else.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2012, 06:48 AM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
+1 . CSS Validation is a "nice to have," not GOTTA have. A Firebug-type plugin might move me to "gotta," but merely validation? Meh, to me, that's a frill, not a must. MUCH rather have the ability to find unused styles and nuke 'em, or find styles in the book w/o matching styles in the ss. MUCH rather.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote