Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #61
Ehhh
Connoisseur
Ehhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle Touch
i compiled an own root partition , and changed a few libraries in /usr/lib, but i don't recommend to do it )))

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Umm... You want me to change my root partition and BREAK stuff? No thanks.

Perhaps your script needs to bind-mount it like I do in my tccmake script to "replace" a lib script that chokes tcc.
Ehhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #62
Ehhh
Connoisseur
Ehhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
I also have 5.1.0 !!! I don't know why you got those errors! I just ran it now and works like a charm, i.e. I can play avi with audio. I haven't changed much *.so libraries on my device.

Thanks Ehhh.
Advert
Old 05-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #63
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
It looks like we are using the built-in /usr/lib/libgstreamer from 5.1.0, despite the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Hmm...
The output of ldd can be mis-leading.

It is printing the library and path according to the way your dynamic loader would resolve them against the current ld.so.cache on your machine.

To see what the executable requires, use nm or one of the other symbol listing tools.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #64
Ehhh
Connoisseur

your code is not used in demo )))
Quote:
And when I suggested you switch to dithering, did you use my MIT licensed code? If so, MIT allows you to keep it closed, but that would be bad karma (especially keeping it closed from the person who suggested the dithering upgrade to fix your flicker problem). ???

[/COLOR]
Old 05-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #65
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
@Ehhh: Did you see my gmv2raw eink transcoder that does really fast dither without using a dither table?

It takes raw 800x600 video frames from STDIN and rotates them to 600x800, does contrast and brightness adjustments, and does an 8x8 ordered dither (without using a dither table) and outputs them to STDOUT, all in a few lines of code. I am proud of it (until I figure out an even better way).

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-10-2012 at 03:57 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #66
Ehhh
Connoisseur

perfect.. i didn't see your code.
Quote:
@Ehhh: Did you see my gmv2raw eink transcoder that does really fast dither without using a dither table?

It takes raw 800x600 video frames from STDIN and rotates them to 600x800, does contrast and brightness adjustments, and does an 8x8 ordered dither (without using a dither table) and outputs them to STDOUT, all in a few lines of code. I am proud of it (until I figure out an even better way).

Old 05-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #67
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehhh View Post
perfect.. i didn't see your code.
Did you see my gmplay program that uses ONLY ioctl() calls for all eink updates for all eink kindle models and all firmware versions (including the funky hybrid inverted video K4main, and the 5.0.1 with "broken" eink structures). It takes dithered input on STDIN (output from raw2gmv STDOUT) and displays it on eink, with frame rate control, and frame dropping for slow DX and DXG displays.

I even went the extra step and CHECKED A RETURN CODE on the eink ioctl() call, with a failure falling back to the old eips '' method.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-10-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #68
geekmaster

./gmplay</dev/mmcblk0p4

Different file types scattered on the USB drive display different sparkly patterns. You can sure tell the difference between compressed (random) and uncompressed (patterned) data files. Cool!

Some large files look a lot like watching the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights).

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-10-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #69
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try playing the usb connection while feeding it various garbage.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #70
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Try playing the usb connection while feeding it various garbage.
The usb drive is plenty fascinating... I have been watching it, and the varying patterns as it crosses different file types is mesmerizing and trippy (of course, I am way behind on my sleep, so I may be more susceptible to this effect). Perhaps that is partly due to trying to guess what kind of data is being displayed at different times during the "show"...

How many people are "watching" their USB drive right now? Let's see a show of hands. (I even uncompressed one of my videos, hoping I can recognize it when it crosses the display).

COOL! I just hit the uncompressed video on my USB drive and it is displaying completely "normally" -- not misaligned or anything. It must have started at a multiple of the bit-packed frame size (60000 bytes)...

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-10-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #71
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehhh View Post
) i want to add only, that this application captures videos from cameras too using rtsp protocol. I tested it, and it works very well !!!
It looks like you have some shared code in your app that my big monster ffmpeg uses. I need to recompile it with all the options I do not need stripped out.

Our projects can share ideas to make them both better. I showed you mine. Now I am waiting for you to show me yours.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #72
knc1
Going Viral

@GM: Don't spend any time looking this up for me, but if you already know the answer...

Do all the Kindle SoC support vector processing instructions?
I believe the K3 (i.mx353) does (I will need to re-check that data point).
If they do, they might help with processing these byte streams in your dither algorithum.

And (as you probably already know) GCC will not "automagically" use the vector processor instructions without a few handsprings by the gcc-user.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #73
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
@GM: Don't spend any time looking this up for me, but if you already know the answer...

Do all the Kindle SoC support vector processing instructions?
I believe the K3 (i.mx353) does (I will need to re-check that data point).
If they do, they might help with processing these byte streams in your dither algorithum.

And (as you probably already know) GCC will not "automagically" use the vector processor instructions without a few handsprings by the gcc-user.
Inline assembly is old-hat. Many compilers I use support intrinsic functions, where the compiler has predefined special "functions" that get replaced with a single assembler instruction. And then there are those funny files that have that strange ".s" on the end of them... There is some good stuff here (but needs adapting for ARM): http://www.agner.org/optimize/

Here is a nice website with lots of pages about using Cortex A8 and ARM Neon intrinsics in C programs: http://hilbert-space.de/?p=22
Old 05-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #74
knc1
Going Viral

What I was asking about is:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4....ml#ARM-Options
Ref: Option -mfpu=
Note that gcc will not autovectorize unless -funsafe-math-optimizations is also passed.

Also:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4....tor-Extensions

__AND__ I am not sure if byte arrays ever get "autovectorized" without special declarations in the code such as described above. (for ARM, I do know how to do it for MIPS with/without the DSP units).

But anyhow -
Don't waste any time on this question, I will stumble on the answer RSN myself.

Last edited by knc1; 05-10-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:10 AM   #75
Ehhh
Connoisseur

Hi,
These errors means that application could not find gstreamers plugins.
the command must be called export GST_PLUGIN_PATH=./plugins

your logs give all errors :
COLOR="Red"]'ips: invalid option -- '
: not foundr.sh: line 3:
: not foundr.sh: line 5:
com.lab126.powerd failed to set value for property preventScreenSaver (0x8 lipcErrNoSuchProperty)
: not foundr.sh: line 8:

Quote:
UPDATE: I booted to K5main and ran it again. Running ./run_player.sh gave a bunch of different errors this time:
'ips: invalid option -- '
: not foundr.sh: line 3:
: not foundr.sh: line 5:
com.lab126.powerd failed to set value for property preventScreenSaver (0x8 lipcErrNoSuchProperty)
: not foundr.sh: line 8:

Enter command:
1 : Play
2 : Stop
3 : Pause
4 : Seek
5 : Position/Duration
q : quit

(einkplayer:2064): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(einkplayer:2064): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_link_pads: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (dest)' failed

(einkplayer:2064): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(einkplayer:2064): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

(einkplayer:2064): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(einkplayer:2064): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

(einkplayer:2064): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_get_static_pad: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed

(einkplayer:2064): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_bin_add_many: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element_1)' failed

(einkplayer:2064): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_link_many: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element_1)' failed

(einkplayer:2064): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_ghost_pad_new: assertion `GST_IS_PAD (target)' failed

(einkplayer:2064): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_add_pad: assertion `GST_IS_PAD (pad)' failed

(einkplayer:2064): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_object_unref: assertion `object != NULL' failed

(einkplayer:2064): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_get_static_pad: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed

(einkplayer:2064): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_bin_add_many: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element_1)' failed

(einkplayer:2064): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_link_many: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element_1)' failed

(einkplayer:2064): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_ghost_pad_new: assertion `GST_IS_PAD (target)' failed

(einkplayer:2064): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_add_pad: assertion `GST_IS_PAD (pad)' failed
Error: Internal data flow error.

So... what kindles DOES it run on? Or perhaps I should ask "WHICH firmware versions on what kindles does it run on" ??? Just curious...

We could help you fix this, and add enhancements and features to it, if we had source code. Can we please have source code?