Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #16
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Emusan, the usual action with re-flashing using JTAG is to clear everything including user area in case there is something there that is causing the problem in the first place.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #17
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
ah, okay, I'm new to JTAG, just got my first programmer for it a week ago but haven't really played around with it much yet...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #18
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Oh the fun that is in store. When you start trying just make sure you don't mix 3.3 v and 5 v.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #19
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Emusan, the usual action with re-flashing using JTAG is to clear everything including user area in case there is something there that is causing the problem in the first place.
JTAG?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #20
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
JTAG?
Its the standard ISP(in system programming) protocol for programming ARM-based architecture computer chips(microcontrollers, etc.) which are becomming some of the most prominent in consumer electronics today. I think its basically an spi protocol but the programmers have a lot more ground pins then they need lol.

lol I don't know if you were looking for the technical explanation, if not its basically how you first program a computer chip in most modern consumer electronics, after that you can still use JTAG or switch to using a bootloader. In the case of some people they mess up the bootloader(the device is considered "bricked), and then you have to use JTAG to recover... hope this helps...

@ivanjt, I'll try not to, but I don't even have a proper cable for it lol, I'm just using female-female jumpers... I usually check connections 3-4 times before ever hooking up power though.
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #21
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
I have been trying to install Z-Root on the Pocket Edge and the installation asks me to allow USB debugging. I have looked around the setup and can`t find any reference to USB debugging. Can someone tell me how to enable USB debugging so that I can complete the Z-Root installation?

Thanks,

Last edited by Gerrye; 07-06-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #22
emusan
lol

settings app->Applications->Development->USB Debugging

should be noted that z4root is only one touch if you're on ermine/android 2.2, just in case you aren't...
Old 07-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #23
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
USB debugging

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
settings app->Applications->Development->USB Debugging

should be noted that z4root is only one touch if you're on ermine/android 2.2, just in case you aren't...
I was on 1.6 when I asked the question, but I`ve since upgraded to 2.2. Now I see that there is another upgrade 1.01, I`ll wait for that one until someone reports on their sucess or failure with the upgrade...

Thanks,
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case opening, pe hardware