Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Exclamation was the problem with the pocket pro's battery when the screen is locked, ever fixed?

title says it all, I think...
Battery lasts months when I turn it on and off, but when I simply lock the screen, it will only last a handful of days

I haven't updated the firmware since late 09' or early 2010
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
As I recall, there was a sleep problem with the early software release(s?), but it was fixed. See if you can find newer software from astak or mybebook.com, and it should sole the problem.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
As I recall, there was a sleep problem with the early software release(s?), but it was fixed. See if you can find newer software from astak or mybebook.com, and it should sole the problem.
Thanks, I'll try the latest version on their website (april '10) and see if that fixes it...
what about those in mybebook.com? are they for the pocket pro? I haven't kept up to date with the forum
Old 04-27-2011, 06:27 AM   #4
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
Thanks, I'll try the latest version on their website (april '10) and see if that fixes it...
what about those in mybebook.com? are they for the pocket pro? I haven't kept up to date with the forum
From mybebook.com you would need the firmware for the BeBook Mini. You can (as many do) download and use the firmware for the LBook V5. The firmwares are interchangeable, so if you don't like one, you can go use another (firmware update procedures are the same).

I personally run the latest LBook V5 firmware on my Pocket Pro, I have found that one to be the best.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #5
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
From mybebook.com you would need the firmware for the BeBook Mini. You can (as many do) download and use the firmware for the LBook V5. The firmwares are interchangeable, so if you don't like one, you can go use another (firmware update procedures are the same).

I personally run the latest LBook V5 firmware on my Pocket Pro, I have found that one to be the best.
thanks a lot for the info.
Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #6
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post

can you share from what link you got the firmware? I was given a link in another thread, but it's in a language than I can't understand....and if you already tested that firmware , I would feel safer
Old 04-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
can you share from what link you got the firmware? I was given a link in another thread, but it's in a language than I can't understand....and if you already tested that firmware , I would feel safer
google translate is your friend. Just paste the link into GT box (not the normal search box) then click on the translate title to the right

But look for "V5" in the name. The top download (93M) is the latest

I still see battery consumption (tho not anywhere as bad as the early Astak releases) when locked.
I like this release of Lbook
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #8
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
My mom was having this problem. Hers turned out to be a micro sc card issue. When I sent her a class 2 to try instead of a class 6 the issue went away. They were the same brand, Transcend.
Don't know if it will help, but thought I would pass it on.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote