Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Which way do you insert the micro sd card in the STR?

It sounds like a dumb question, but I'm not sure which way to insert the micro SD card in the Simple Touch, and I'm nervous of putting it in the wrong way and not being able to remove it.

I found these instructions:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...k-ereader.html

Quote:

Lay the reader face down on a well-lit, clean, level surface covered with a soft cloth to protect the screen surface.

Hold the memory card with the logo facing down away from you and carefully slide it into the slot.
However, when I do this, it doesn't seem to slide in naturally, and I'm frightened of forcing it. Are these instructions correct? When the Nook STR is laying FACE DOWN should the logo of the micro SD card be FACING UP or DOWN. Excuse the caps. Thanks.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In fact, the exact opposite of the instructions seems more likely to me. With the STR facing down, the card seems to want to slide in naturally when the logo is facing up. That is with the nick / indented side facing to the left.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
Rizla
Member Retired

Worked it out. For anyone in the same position, it will only go in evenly when facing one way. The other will mean it goes in all wonky. It's pretty obvious. You don't need to force it. I think those instructions I posted were wrong.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
It sounds like a dumb question, but I'm not sure which way to insert the micro SD card in the Simple Touch, and I'm nervous of putting it in the wrong way and not being able to remove it.

I found these instructions:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...k-ereader.html

However, when I do this, it doesn't seem to slide in naturally, and I'm frightened of forcing it. Are these instructions correct? When the Nook STR is laying FACE DOWN should the logo of the micro SD card be FACING UP or DOWN. Excuse the caps. Thanks.
From the Nook Users Guide pages 89 & 90.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Installing a Memory Card
To install a memory card in your NOOK, do this:
1. Turn off your NOOK.
2. Set your NOOK down on a clean, level surface.
3. Find the small lid on the upper left side of your NOOK. Gently pull this lid open to expose the slot for the SD
Memory card.
4. Hold the memory card gently between your thumb and forefinger, logo-side down. Gently guide the card into
the SD Memory Card slot.
5. Push gently against the card, guiding it into the slot until it clicks into place.
6. Close the small gray lid and snap it into place.
7. Turn on your NOOK.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote