Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-02-2010, 11:57 PM   #1
jasonmoon85
jasonmoon85 began at the beginning.

Device: calibre - E-book management
From Landscape to Portrait

Hi I convert from PDF to EPUB but when ever I covert it came out landscape. How to I fix it?
jasonmoon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:59 PM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
epub doesn't have any concept of landscape vs. portrait. It's a reflowable format, so it will be landscape vs. portrait based on your display aspect ratio.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:00 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, jasonmoon85

Someone should step in soon to answer your question.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:08 AM   #4
jasonmoon85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
epub doesn't have any concept of landscape vs. portrait. It's a reflowable format, so it will be landscape vs. portrait based on your display aspect ratio.
Then how don I do it?
Old 10-03-2010, 12:13 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmoon85 View Post
Then how don I do it?
How do you do what? Maybe you should tell us what you're seeing. Epub doesn't have a landscape mode.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-03-2010 at 01:28 AM. Reason: changed does to doesn't
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:53 AM   #6
jasonmoon85

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
How do you do what? Maybe you should tell us what you're seeing. Epub does have a landscape mode.
To turn the book From Landscape to Portrait.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:29 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Quote:
How do you do what? Maybe you should tell us what you're seeing. Epub doesn't have a landscape mode.
To turn the book From Landscape to Portrait.
My mistake I meant to write Epub doesn't have a landscape mode.

I ask again what are you seeing? Also what are you using to view the epub?

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-03-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:39 AM   #8
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
As previously stated epub doesn't make a file in lanndscape or portrait mode.
It is your viewer or ebook reader that decides whether it is displayed in lanndscape or portrait mode.

They (viewer or reader) don't decide this based on the epub but on how you have configured them.

Perhaps you accidentally selected landscape mode as it is easy to do.

If you are sure you haven't then please explain the problem in more detail or try viewing the book(s) in a totally different viewer

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:54 AM   #9
jasonmoon85

In PDF format the book I read is Vertical in but after convert the book rotate clockwise 90 degrees.

http://scienceblogs.com/goodmath/upl.../08/rotate.jpg

Last edited by jasonmoon85; 10-03-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:15 AM   #10
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well that is too bizarre.
Perhaps I am wrong but my only sugestion is to start a new thread and call it my books are rotated 90 degrees clockwise by calibre.

Portrait does not describe it.

I am pretty sure it can be fixed but not something I have encountered in converting 800 pdfs.

Regards
Helen
Old 10-03-2010, 02:16 AM   #11
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
In PDF format the book I read is Vertical in but after convert the book rotate clockwise 90 degrees.
I know you aren't intentionally trying to be vague. First you said it was landscape now it seems you are saying your words are rotated too.

What are you using to view this file?

Since a all text epub isn't capable of being confused as being in landscape mode it seems obvious, from our confusion at figuring out what you're saying, that you are possibly dealing with an all image PDF that got skewed during conversion.

My advice to anyone having any difficulty converting a PDF is to read the PDF with a PDF reader.

Good luck.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:56 AM   #12
jasonmoon85

Quote:
I know you aren't intentionally trying to be vague. First you said it was landscape now it seems you are saying your words are rotated too.

What are you using to view this file?

Since a all text epub isn't capable of being confused as being in landscape mode it seems obvious, from our confusion at figuring out what you're saying, that you are possibly dealing with an all image PDF that got skewed during conversion.

My advice to anyone having any difficulty converting a PDF is to read the PDF with a PDF reader.

Good luck.
I'm using Ipod Touch 4G to View it.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #13
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
If possible post a couple of pics, may help everyone to understand the problem.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #14
speakingtohe
Wizard

Quote:

http://scienceblogs.com/goodmath/upl.../08/rotate.jpg
The op posted this previously. Seems the book is displayed sideways
Old 10-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #15
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Just as an information, that link is broken. You might want to link to the post you're referencing.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote