Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Can I import meta data without a book file?

I buy complete works e-books for various authors like "The Complete Works of Charles Dickens" for example, and I would like to keep tract of what I have read vs. what I have left to read. As these are not books anybody is going to attempt in one reading or necessarily read in sequence. It would be nice to keep tract of what I've read in calibre without having to import seperate book files (i.e. "A Tale of Two Cities" etc.).

So, is it possible just to import meta-data and if so - how?
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
It's "keep track", not "tract".

You could get the separate books, and keep track that way, if you don't want everything in one book.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrII View Post
I buy complete works e-books for various authors like "The Complete Works of Charles Dickens" for example, and I would like to keep tract of what I have read vs. what I have left to read. As these are not books anybody is going to attempt in one reading or necessarily read in sequence. It would be nice to keep tract of what I've read in calibre without having to import seperate book files (i.e. "A Tale of Two Cities" etc.).

So, is it possible just to import meta-data and if so - how?
Absolutly!
Add Empty Book(s) on the Add books arrow.
Once you have 'books', set the author and Title, then set or download metadata.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Absolutly!
Add Empty Book(s) on the Add books arrow.
Once you have 'books', set the author and Title, then set or download metadata.
Great - Problem solved!
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote