Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #31
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
about right for a 7" screen

iPad mini with a 7.9" is only 1024x768

that said, I really tried to enjoy tablets and even my eInk reader, but nothing beats a smartphone in features, mobility and comodity...
The simple truth man is you know what you like.

I respect that.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #32
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Even at $99 it would a stretch to buy this. But it has a higher DPI that some other 7.x fondleslab that sells for a premium.
No way would it be a stretch to buy it at $99. That would be a heck of a deal. The tab 2 still sells for $200 or more brand new and the plus 32 gb still fetches 179-200 for a refurb all day long. What reality are you guys living in. lol
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #33
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
When I can get a Nook HD+ for $180, why in the world would I pay more than that for a lesser tablet?
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #34
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
No way would it be a stretch to buy it at $99. That would be a heck of a deal. The tab 2 still sells for $200 or more brand new and the plus 32 gb still fetches 179-200 for a refurb all day long. What reality are you guys living in. lol
That's the same screen the Nook Color had 3 years ago. Why would you buy such a lacklustre screen in 2013? There are much better choices.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #35
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
When I can get a Nook HD+ for $180, why in the world would I pay more than that for a lesser tablet?
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/nook...ary-features-1

pretty impressive for the price, no doubt

can you take pictures or video chat with it too?
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #36
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Galaxy Tab 3 vs Galaxy Tab 2
  • Processor: 1.2GHz dual-core --- 1.0GHz dual-core
  • Resolution: 1024x600 (169 PPI) --- 1024x600 (169 PPI)
That's not worthy of being called an upgrade.

Quote:
Even at $99 it would a stretch to buy this. But it has a higher DPI that some other 7.x fondleslab that sells for a premium.
If you're referring to the 7.9" iPad Mini, pixel density is only slightly higher and the difference is practically negligible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
This has to be a joke. Either they are aiming for the developing world market or they want to make it a sub-$100 tablet.
Doubt they'd make much headway there. You can buy a 1280*800 China tablet for that price.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #37
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That's the same screen the Nook Color had 3 years ago. Why would you buy such a lacklustre screen in 2013? There are much better choices.
On such a small screen it doesnt matter much imo. I have a tab plus 32 gig and it has performed flawlessly and does what i need it to do very well screen is great. Not to say that upgrades are bad but you just are not going to see a samsung tablet at 99 bucks., even used ones from one or two years ago.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #38
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
On such a small screen it doesnt matter much imo. I have a tab plus 32 gig and it has performed flawlessly and does what i need it to do very well screen is great. Not to say that upgrades are bad but you just are not going to see a samsung tablet at 99 bucks., even used ones from one or two years ago.
Your opinion, certainly, but in this day and age, anything below 200+ is sub-par IMHO. And if your tablet is mainly for reading, I would suggest 240+ dpi.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #39
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
Aside from the fact that the price for the Galaxy Tab 3 hasn't been announced yet, $180 is the limited time discounted price for a Nook HD+.

The two devices are different. People might prefer the Galaxy Tab 3 because it has about half the weight of the Nook HD+, or because they want cameras to take pictures and skype, or because they want 3G, Bluetooth and GPS.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #40
Tony1988
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
Aside from the fact that the price for the Galaxy Tab 3 hasn't been announced yet, $180 is the limited time discounted price for a Nook HD+.

The two devices are different. People might prefer the Galaxy Tab 3 because it has about half the weight of the Nook HD+, or because they want cameras to take pictures and skype, or because they want 3G, Bluetooth and GPS.
True. I like the camera on my tab to take pictures of items and post them directly to ebay. Without the camera I have to hook the tab up to the computer. Its saves me some time and hassle to be able to set items up in another room take a picture and post it online right there.