Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
Lima_dat
English ppl ride potatoe?
Lima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
Be careful with your Kindle!

7 years bad luck for a broken screen!

Luckily, Amazon is quick with the replacements!
Lima_dat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Good to know Amazon will help.

As a Sony Reader owner for more than a year, I've read far too many sad posts on that forum about Sony's unwillingness to stand behind their product when he screen breaks or otherwise stops working, or anything else goes wrong.

Very happy I have the Kindle now.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:31 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post

Very happy I have the Kindle now.
Then add it to: Device: Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:02 AM   #4
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat View Post
Then add it to: Device: Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Oh, yeah, one can never have too many eBooks! Actually, gave the Reader to my wife, and I still use the ol' Rocket eBook when need to read in the dark. It's still full of Gutenberg books.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #5
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Oh, yeah, one can never have too many eBooks! Actually, gave the Reader to my wife, and I still use the ol' Rocket eBook when need to read in the dark. It's still full of Gutenberg books.
I think I was not clear enough.

Under your nickname, you have a line:
Code:
Device: Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
What I am saying is that you have to add Kindle to it in your profile
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
Lima_dat
English ppl ride potatoe?
Lima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
The wait is killing me. But at least I get to experience the excitement of delivery one more time! heh.

I keep telling myself "It was an accident, she didn't know it was there. It's not gone forever."

Lima_dat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:43 PM   #7
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat View Post

What I am saying is that you have to add Kindle to it in your profile
Oh shoot, I did misunderstand, and thanks, I'll get it done now!
Old 02-15-2008, 03:45 PM   #8
PHugger
Connoisseur
PHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle 3G, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
As a Sony Reader owner for more than a year, I've read far too many sad posts on that forum about Sony's unwillingness to stand behind their product when he screen breaks or otherwise stops working, or anything else goes wrong.
Maybe I was lucky or smart or whatever, but I have nothing but praise for how Sony eventually stepped up and did the right thing for me when my 505 screen broke. I had folks here at MobileRead tell me that they were absolutely sure it was my fault and that I deserved it. I had others tell me that I should go 'postal' on Sony. I chose a gentler, nicer course and now I'm so happy I did. The manager of the book reader program stepped up and simply replaced it. I would even have been happy with a reasonable repair cost - the near full retail estimate I initially received was frustrating. Glad to hear that your Kindle is getting replaced.

PCH
PHugger is offline   Reply With Quote