Notices

Old 05-09-2010, 01:37 AM   #1
eboyhan
PandaMuse
eboyhan doesn't littereboyhan doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx, kindle touch SO, kindle fire, kindle fire hd8.9
Smile A Not so New KDX Owner

Hi,

I've been a member of this forum since November of 2009. I have contributed a bit to the Kindle and Calibre forums. I also post quite a bit on the Amazon community forums. I have been an owner of a Kindle DX since November of 2009. I have read about 120 titles on it, and I find it to be a useful device. Since acquiring it, I have bought perhaps only two or three books in print editions.

I use my Kindle primarily as a "reading" device, and not as a "storage" device. Once I have read a book I store it elsewhere (on my PC, in the Amazon archive, or in Calibre).

I also tend to use my KDX as a replacement for my laser printers -- I often print various documents to PDF, and then read those PDF documents on my Kindle DX. I find that the toner and paper savings thus achieved have already paid for the purchase of the KDX (and that doesn't reflect the cheaper prices generally available for e-book versions of whatever I choose to buy).

I am self-employed, I am involved in the technology industry both as a commentator on technology trends, and as a management consultant on technology purchasing decisions. Some of my work is with large IT departments, and consequently I am very interested in technology developments in areas of interest to them. I am particularly interested in technologies that facilitate the deployment of large numbers of desktops. I also have quite a few small business owners as clients, and I am especially interested in technology issues that affect them (which tend to be quite a bit different from things of interest to the large IT department).

I am very interested in how current web technologies are changing the landscape of our everyday lives and forcing traditional businesses (especially those in the publishing and entertainment industries) to refocus/rearchitect, or go out of business.

I am also interested in how Amazon will respond to all the changing conditions in the environment in which they function: their somewhat testy relationships with publishers, a slew of new e-book reading devices (and let's not forget the iPad), a potential Kindle 3 announcement, etc.

I wish Amazon would come out with a PDF reader at least as good as Adobe's; I also wish that they would provide better Kindle synchronization facilities -- especially for documents and books not acquired from Amazon.

Last edited by eboyhan; 05-09-2010 at 01:42 AM. Reason: a few additional thoughts
eboyhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:08 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome (officially) to MR, eboyhan

Great introduction, and well, since you know you way around here already, I don't get to post my handy, dandy, Kindle information links.

Have fun in the forums.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2010, 07:13 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi eboyhan and welcome, at last, to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi eboyhan and welcome to MR. Since you've been around for a bit you won't need any pointers. But glad you enjoy yourself enough to come back and introduce yourself
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hi and welcome!!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #6
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	RepWelcome.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	51332 (officially) to the forum.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #7
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle dx, new member