Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #46
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Good for you! Hope the move goes well!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #47
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I want to try this sometime, but not this year. Still knee deep in a project that can't wait. If I ever do it, I think I'd want to use one of my disposable ideas. Something low enough on the priority list that I wouldn't get to it otherwise and something I'm not in love with (yet). Best case, I discover that missing piece under pressure that makes it rewarding to write and (hopefully) to read. Worst case, I learn a lot without risking much.

Good luck, guys. You're all nuts, and I mean that in the best possible way.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2013, 03:27 AM   #48
Jyster
Enthusiast
Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

Why not just report bogus totals..... sheesh!
Whats with the attitude?

I just stopped by Paneras, saw something I thought was interesting, and then I wasnt interested anymore.

Why would I report them, that would be a douche thing to do.
Jyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:50 AM   #49
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyster View Post
Whats with the attitude?

I just stopped by Paneras, saw something I thought was interesting, and then I wasnt interested anymore.

Why would I report them, that would be a douche thing to do.
Kenny's just saying that they should report bogus totals, not you report them.

When you're doing NanoWriMo you update your wordcount daily yourself. The whole thing is done on trust - at least until you do a final submission for verification.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:14 AM   #50
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I'm doing pretty well at the moment. 1,203 words already written and I'm finding out some surprising details about how some of my characters think. The words just seem to flow today. I hope it will continue to be that easy the rest of the month.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2013, 05:20 AM   #51
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Kenny's just saying that they should report bogus totals, not you report them.

When you're doing NanoWriMo you update your wordcount daily yourself. The whole thing is done on trust - at least until you do a final submission for verification.

Graham
Yes, exactly. If the point is to cheat the system, then go for it.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:22 AM   #52
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I'm doing pretty well at the moment. 1,203 words already written and I'm finding out some surprising details about how some of my characters think. The words just seem to flow today. I hope it will continue to be that easy the rest of the month.
Well here we are! Nov 1!!

Good for you crich!! I'm still waggling as I spent yesterday, instead of preparing in editing my last/current project..... will report back later...
Old 11-01-2013, 06:21 AM   #53
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well here we are! Nov 1!!

Good for you crich!! I'm still waggling as I spent yesterday, instead of preparing in editing my last/current project..... will report back later...
Thanks kennyc. I'm halfway flying by the seat of my pants too at the moment. I have my basic 7 point outline and a couple of characters names and am just letting the words come as they will. I'm skipping around a bit as well. I worked on a prologue and the epilogue and part of scene 1 and have already reached 1,681 words as I type this. How much will be readable script when I reach the editing stage is another question, but I figure better to just get it down now and worry about that after Nov. I even came up with an idea for a possible sequel based on what I have written of the epilogue but I just noted that down in the document notes and will wait to develop that after this one is done.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:28 AM   #54
kennyc

Well I've opened/created a doc for the book, renamed it a couple of times....got 20 words so far -- but they're damn good ones!
Old 11-01-2013, 06:41 AM   #55
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Well I've opened/created a doc for the book, renamed it a couple of times....got 20 words so far -- but they're damn good ones!

But are they in the right order?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #56
kennyc

Who knows until December ....

you tell me: "It began in Manhattan and would end in Manhattan but who could say what would have to happen in between."
Old 11-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #57
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Who knows until December ....

you tell me: "It began in Manhattan and would end in Manhattan but who could say what would have to happen in between."
Could make it 21 words and add a air of mystery at the same time.

"It began in Manhattan and would (likely) end in Manhattan but who could say what would have to happen in between."
Old 11-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #58
kennyc

But I've already got the final line.....
Old 11-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #59
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
But I've already got the final line.....
Well anyway good luck to you on your NaNo kennyc. All of us who are insane enough to try writing one can certainly use it.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #60
kennyc

Well, my day turned to hell....ended up dealing with a strange request for the use of one of my photos from 7 years ago....from a governmental agency.... and having to find it in the archives....fill out government forms...etc..... not to make excuses, but....I wouldn't have done it at all, but it's better money (assuming I didn't just get scammed) than I'm made writing this year.

I got about 300 words done. will try to make it up tonight, tomorrow, .... I'm having a bit of trouble (not unexpected) getting things flowing, scenes, etc. A few characters sort of materialized in those few words though...

Congrats on your meeting the daily goal!