Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
geronimo72
geronimo72 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Paperwhite - missing folder "backed issues"

Hallo,

I just switched from Kindle and Kindle Keyboard to Kindle Paperwhite. I've been receiving my daily news via e-mail from some news servers and a web service which is most probably using Calibre to turn rss feeds into books and sending via e-mail to the reader. Everything was OK on the Kindle and Kindle Keyboard. Each day when I received new "periodicals", the old ones were movede to "Backed issues". This is not working on the KPW anymore. The files have the same name, but they still all appear on the home screen and the folder "Backed issues" is missing. I do not think that it is caused by Calibre or by the news servers as on Monday on the old Kindle it was working and today on KPW it doesn't work anymore.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thank you
geronimo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
geronimo72

I just noticed, that the files are "Docs" and not "Periodicals" in the drop down filter menu... if it helps somehow...
Advert
Old 12-08-2012, 03:09 AM   #3
geronimo72

Update: I have tried an official Amazon newspaper subscription (The Guardian, The Observer). This one is working and it creates the folder backed issues. This also means, that the problems is in the inofficial newspapers. Any idea what to do?

Thanks