Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
Melissa_Gibbs
Melissa_Gibbs began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, nook, kindle
Epub on a Nook

I want to check the formatting of an epub on a nook. However, I don't currently own a nook. I have an iPad and a mac. I've downloaded both the nook app for the Ipad and NOOK for Mac. I can't figure out how to load an epub into either of these programs. Any thoughts?
Melissa_Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Nook for iPad doesn't support side loaded content. I don't know about Nook for Mac.

However, there is a good chance that the rendering of a book on Mac, iPad and device won't be the same. This is one major issue with the Kindle for example and why Amazon provides a Kindle viewer app separate from their Kindle 4 PC or Kindle for Mac apps.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
On Nook for Mac the last button in the toolbar is 'Add Files' which will let you add in your own files. I put a red rectangle around it below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nooktoolbar.png
Views:	282
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	79068  
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:29 PM   #4
Melissa_Gibbs
Melissa_Gibbs began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, nook, kindle
I don't get that box. All I get is the below image. I wonder if I downloaded a different version. I got this on Thursday.
[IMG]file:///Users/gibbssmith/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202011-11-21%20at%209.12.47%20AM.png[/IMG]
Melissa_Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The only real solution is to go buy a nook and then you can see just how your content looks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:42 PM   #6
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Well I didn't see the image - but keep in mind there are two versions of the nook desktop software Nook for (*) and NookStudy for (*). I haven't played with NookStudy recently but you should be able to add content into that as well.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, ipad, mac, nook