Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-24-2015, 06:17 AM   #421
amp72
amp72 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thumbs up Broken Links

1st of all Sergeyvl12 thanks for this great tool.
is there any change of posting the links again.
I'm looking for the ones under the Additional info section, so that I could also build apps to be launch by the KoboLauncher.
I'm new to all of this kobo development so just starting to learn.

TIA

Alex
amp72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:40 AM   #422
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
The link to the source code for KoboLauncher and Qt Kobo plugins is dead. Does anyone have an alternate link?
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2015, 06:44 AM   #423
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
The link to the source code for KoboLauncher and Qt Kobo plugins is dead. Does anyone have an alternate link?
https://github.com/sergeyvl/vlasovsoft
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:50 AM   #424
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Thanks.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:04 PM   #425
billstong
billstong began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
New version of Kobo Launcher!

1. I've compiled official Qt 4.8.4 and used it in Kobo Launcher and it's applications
2. Calculator application added!

Please try
Fantastic work.
Any chance for getting a link for this file - kobolauncher
previous link doesn't work.
Thanks
Bill
billstong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2015, 02:19 PM   #426
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by billstong View Post
Fantastic work.
Any chance for getting a link for this file - kobolauncher
previous link doesn't work.
Thanks
Bill
Actually sergey don't use that thread. You can dowload the latest verion in his own webpage
pbchess
The KoboLauncher is now joined with his chess trainer and CoolReader but you can add more programs to the menu if you want.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:25 AM   #427
nicopilami
Enthusiast
nicopilami began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi
Thanks for this great set of apps !

Is there a way to come back to the standard Kobo GLO HD homepage when you are in the menu page (containing all the games/tools) without restarting the device ?

Thanks
Nico

Last edited by nicopilami; 08-22-2015 at 01:53 PM.
nicopilami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:07 AM   #428
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicopilami View Post
Hi
Thanks for this great set of apps !

Is there a way to come back to the standard Kobo GLO HD homepage when you are in the menu page (containing all the games/tools) without restarting the device ?

Thanks
Nico
Yes. Just create the empty "nickel" file in the .kobo/vlasovsoft.

This piece of code in the launcher.sh starts nickel instead of reboot if this file exists:

if [ -f $ROOT/nickel ]; then
. $ROOT/run_nickel.sh
else
/sbin/reboot
fi
Old 02-20-2016, 07:07 AM   #429
TazX
TazX began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Would love to try...

Heya,

Okay, so I've found out what to do. The Launcher is now all bundled up on the pbchess website and all packaged together.

Adding more programs has changes as well though, and whilst I found where they are now (the vlasovsoft folder) I'm having trouble understanding how to do it, especially how to add the blank nickel file to get back to the Kobo Main page without a restart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Yes. Just create the empty "nickel" file in the .kobo/vlasovsoft.

This piece of code in the launcher.sh starts nickel instead of reboot if this file exists:

. $ROOT/run_nickel.sh
else
/sbin/reboot
fi
Do you mean an empty folder? The original file called 'launcher.sh' is mostly blank, so I'm thinking I should make a file called nickel? I'm totally confused. Do you have a screen shot perhaps of your file structure (and then list what is in the files). Sorry to be a pain, but I'm totally confused how to set this up, and delving around in other files / folders has not helped much. Cheers!

Last edited by TazX; 02-20-2016 at 07:52 AM.
TazX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:39 AM   #430
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Yes he means that you just create a file named nickel The code already exists in the launcher.sh script, that checks to see if there is a file named nickel. Find the vlasovsoft folder and create the file named nickel there.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:16 AM   #431
TazX
TazX began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Yes he means that you just create a file named nickel The code already exists in the launcher.sh script, that checks to see if there is a file named nickel. Find the vlasovsoft folder and create the file named nickel there.

Luck;
Ken
Thanks Ken. It's just called nickel, not nickel.sh or anything? I'll give it a go.
TazX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:40 AM   #432
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Yes, the file is just "nickel".

You see it in the code:

Code:
Changed color so you can easily spot the name of the file. The part before ($ROOT/) just points to CR's active directory, i.e. directory where CR is.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:03 AM   #433
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Hi!

Version 2016.03 is released! A lot of improvements in CR, chess, OPDS
Old 05-13-2016, 10:15 AM   #434
Hultner
Hultner began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hello, new user here and new to Kobo hacking.
I want to use my Kobo Glo as an e-ink remote terminal monitor however I can't seem to find a terminal emulator.

This post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...38&postcount=2 mentions that the KoboLauncher supposedly comes with an ssh-client however after installing Kobo Launcher I can't seem to find any sort of ssh-client within the application stack. And the links to source code and developer information from the first post seems to point to removed dropbox files.

Would love some pointers on how I could get an terminal emulator/ssh-client going on the device.
Hultner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 02:59 PM   #435
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Not sure there is a terminal emulator (or even ssh client) included in this... for the client I'm sure you can find it (but the ssh client won't talk to a framebuffer). Over at the Kindle forum there is a terminal emulator and some people made an effort to get fbterm to work...

I'm not sure what I would do if I wanted to display a terminal on the Kobo screen... I can already display PNG images (pngshow, in my github) so maybe... run something in xvfb, take screenshots and display those?

You could run it in the browser with JavaScript (my WebPortal mod has some apps but no terminal really) but you'll probably get drowned in display refreshes...
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote