Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-19-2014, 04:52 AM   #346
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Nice surprise! Thank you for this information.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:48 AM   #347
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Nice surprise! Thank you for this information.
tshering

Thanks a lot! Today I'll release the next version with your update. It works with my Glo also.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2014, 07:18 AM   #348
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
tshering

Thanks a lot! Today I'll release the next version with your update. It works with my Glo also.
Glad it works. As for the code, maybe this one is better than what I had first.

Code:
currentRotation=$(cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate)
echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate
$ROOT/launcher -qws -stylesheet $STYLESHEET
echo "$currentRotation" > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate
PS: I use your libraries in my Kobo Start Menu. Some users have problems with it since FW 3.2.0. I guess the same problems would concern the KoboLauncher too. Maybe you could have a look at the more recent posts of this threat?

Last edited by tshering; 03-19-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:46 AM   #349
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi!

Version 1.2.6.37 is released. The single fix - screen orientation for FW3.2.0 (thanks, tshering).

So, DO NOT INSTALL IT if you have no problem with screen orientation.

It should work on Touch, Aura 6'', Glo.

Does it work with the Aura HD and Mini?

Quote:
Glad it works. As for the code, maybe this one is better than what I had first.

Code:
currentRotation=$(cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate)
echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate
$ROOT/launcher -qws -stylesheet $STYLESHEET
echo "$currentRotation" > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate
Yes, it seems better. So, I'll test it and add into the next version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering
PS: I use your libraries in my Kobo Start Menu. Some users have problems with it since FW 3.2.0. I guess the same problems would concern the KoboLauncher too. Maybe you could have a look at the more recent posts of this threat?
Yes, I'll look into this. First, I'll install Kobo Start Menu.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:53 AM   #350
xor_
Zealot
xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
I just installed version 1.2.6.37 on my Glo, but the screen remains still unresponsive.
xor_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2014, 05:29 AM   #351
tshering
Wizard

Sergey,

I would like to share some thoughts. Since the recent FW includes now a mouse/touch driver, I thought we might be getting better results by using the kobo libraries.

The executable is running, but shows no response to touch. The importent debug data from my first run are

Code:
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/usr/local/Kobo/plugins/gfxdrivers/libimxepd.so" 
keys ("imxepd") 
killall: on-animator.sh: no process killed
killall: pickel: no process killed
Screen resolution is.. 600 x 800 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/usr/local/Kobo/plugins/mousedrivers/libtouchscreen.so" 
keys ("touch_device") 
QObject::connect: Cannot queue arguments of type 'QList<QTouchEvent::TouchPoint>'
(Make sure 'QList<QTouchEvent::TouchPoint>' is registered using qRegisterMetaType().)
Loading iType..  YES
Since I don't know much of developing, I have no clear idea how to register and use this. I did some random trials. One of them is
Code:
    ui->setupUi(this);
    qRegisterMetaType<QList<QTouchEvent::TouchPoint> >("QList<QTouchEvent::TouchPoint>");
    this->setAttribute(Qt::WA_AcceptTouchEvents);
    ui->listWidget->setAttribute(Qt::WA_AcceptTouchEvents);
The debug log then was
Code:
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/usr/local/Kobo/plugins/gfxdrivers/libimxepd.so" 
keys ("imxepd") 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/usr/local/Kobo/plugins/mousedrivers/libtouchscreen.so" 
keys ("touch_device") 
Loading iType..  YES
Still no response to touch. Maybe it is evident for you how to do it correctly.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:28 AM   #352
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Sergey,

I would like to share some thoughts. Since the recent FW includes now a mouse/touch driver, I thought we might be getting better results by using the kobo libraries.

The executable is running, but shows no response to touch. The importent debug data from my first run are

Code:
keys ("imxepd") 
keys ("touch_device") 
QObject::connect: Cannot queue arguments of type 'QList<QTouchEvent::TouchPoint>'
(Make sure 'QList<QTouchEvent::TouchPoint>' is registered using qRegisterMetaType().)
Loading iType..  YES
Since I don't know much of developing, I have no clear idea how to register and use this. I did some random trials. One of them is
Code:
    ui->setupUi(this);
    qRegisterMetaType<QList<QTouchEvent::TouchPoint> >("QList<QTouchEvent::TouchPoint>");
    this->setAttribute(Qt::WA_AcceptTouchEvents);
    ui->listWidget->setAttribute(Qt::WA_AcceptTouchEvents);
The debug log then was
Code:
keys ("imxepd") 
keys ("touch_device") 
Loading iType..  YES
Still no response to touch. Maybe it is evident for you how to do it correctly.
As far as I know, thay still use Qt 4.6.4. I use Qt 4.8.5. It's better for me to find the reason why my mouch driver doesn't work.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:36 AM   #353
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor_ View Post
I just installed version 1.2.6.37 on my Glo, but the screen remains still unresponsive.
What hacks have you installed?
Old 03-21-2014, 03:53 AM   #354
xor_
Zealot
xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
What hacks have you installed?
I'm on 3.2.0 with DNSB's libnickel patches. And with my own minimal modification: just a line added to rcS to call a local script and start dropbear sshd from that.

I've had everything running just fine pre-3.2.0.
xor_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:20 PM   #355
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Hello, I think you have to substitute in .kobo/vlasovsoft/usbnet.sh this line:

PHP Code:
if [ $DEVICE == TOUCH ]; then 
with this line:

PHP Code:
if [ "$DEVICE== "TOUCH" ]; then 

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 03-25-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #356
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
deleted by me

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 03-25-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #357
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Happy buyer of the Launcher!

Thanks sergeyvl12
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #358
wikiped
wikiped began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Hi!

Version 1.2.6.37 is released. The single fix - screen orientation for FW3.2.0 (thanks, tshering).
Does it work with the Aura HD and Mini?
Didn't work on Aura HD - no problems with rotation - looks exactly as it should on the screen, but does not response to touches.
If some debugging will help - let me know what is needed.
wikiped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:49 PM   #359
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiped View Post
Didn't work on Aura HD - no problems with rotation - looks exactly as it should on the screen, but does not response to touches.
If some debugging will help - let me know what is needed.
Are you by chance running FW 3.2.0 and the "Two-fingers light control on older models" kernel is installed?
Old 04-23-2014, 03:12 AM   #360
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Are you by chance running FW 3.2.0 and the "Two-fingers light control on older models" kernel is installed?
+1

The only way to fix it is factory reset. It will completely uninstalls "Two-fingers light control".

Another option:

Is 2-finger light control exists for Kobo Glo? I can install it to my Glo and find the reason if so.