Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-25-2014, 01:56 PM   #316
jaredj
jaredj began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
So this looks like it's because of the new firmware.
jaredj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #317
Alastair_S
Zealot
Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredj View Post
Hi

Thanks Sergey for your work, this gives much more possibilities to people than just standard reader.

I have installed your KoboLauncher with no problems. Although now, when I start it, I have horizontal oriented screen, then when touching anything - it's not working. I can choose CoolReader or Exit, can't settings etc.
In CoolReader - can get menu - but then can't activate any option in the menu. I even couldn't exit CR, had to hard reboot.
Had read something about Koreader and inverted coordinates but the file to change is specific for Koreader. What to do with this in KoboLauncher?

My Kobo is Touch, N905C, serial number begin with N and software version is 3.2.0 dated 2/11/14.

Thanks for your help in advance.
I have the same problem with my Touch (N905C model), FW 3.2.0, and KoboLauncher 1.2.6.36. The launcher worked with FW 3.0.1 (my Touch never did download 3.1.1 or 3.1.0) so it must be something to do with the new firmware.

By-the-way, I can activate the menu options but it entails measuring the distance of the menu option from the side with a ruler, then measuring that distance from the top of the screen and pressing at that distance with my finger up against the left edge of the screen. Unsurprisingly this makes the Launcher almost impossible to use!
Alastair_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2014, 05:38 AM   #318
jaredj

Yes, I have discovered that touch coordinates are rotated 90 degrees to the display. So in most cases OK button or Cancel are outside touching zone at all, making it impossible to quit application or launcher. Even holding power button doesn't do the trick. Eventually after few tries, being connected to PC, launcher or application hangs, causing reboot. That's the only way to exit launcher.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:37 AM   #319
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
You can try something. Write
Code:
echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate
after killing nickel. Before continuing nickel, you can try
Code:
echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #320
jaredj

As I understand I need ssh access to kobo ...
Advert
Old 02-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #321
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredj View Post
As I understand I need ssh access to kobo ...
no, jaredj, I'll try to fix this issue soon. pls. stay in touch.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:38 AM   #322
jaredj

Thanks a lot Sergey
Old 03-03-2014, 10:51 PM   #323
gloriousglib
gloriousglib began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
no, jaredj, I'll try to fix this issue soon. pls. stay in touch.
FYI I had the same rotation problem starting KoboLauncher from Nickel. But from Kobo Start Menu KoboLauncher launched without a hitch.
gloriousglib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:24 AM   #324
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloriousglib View Post
FYI I had the same rotation problem starting KoboLauncher from Nickel. But from Kobo Start Menu KoboLauncher launched without a hitch.
The problem is that since 3.2.0 nickel changes the screen rotation. Therefore, I suggested to execute these two lines of code as a work around, until Sergey comes with the real solution The lines would go into launcher.sh. The edited part would then look like:
Code:
echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate
$ROOT/launcher -qws -stylesheet $STYLESHEET
echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate

I did not try it myself however. As for the last line, I am not sure. If nickel doesn't work after returning from the launcher, try
Code:
echo 3 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate
instead. Edit: It is "echo 3"; cf. next post

Last edited by tshering; 03-06-2014 at 04:02 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:01 AM   #325
tshering
Wizard

Out of curiosity, I tried myself to start the Kobolauncher from nickel, and it works on my Touch. I upload my launcher.sh here. If you try it on a model different from the Touch, please let me know whether it is working. (If on other models nickel is unresponsive after returning from the launcher, slide the power slider into the on/off position and hold it for 20 seconds. After that you can power on again.)
Edit: It does not work on Glo, cf. this post, and it is rather unlikely that it works on Aura HD and Aura.
Attached Files
File Type: zip launcher.sh.zip (528 Bytes, 281 views)

Last edited by tshering; 03-06-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:30 PM   #326
maryaie
maryaie began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Out of curiosity, I tried myself to start the Kobolauncher from nickel, and it works on my Touch. I upload my launcher.sh here. If you try it on a model different from the Touch, please let me know whether it is working. (If on other models nickel is unresponsive after returning from the launcher, slide the power slider into the on/off position and hold it for 20 seconds. After that you can power on again.)
Edit: It does not work on Glo, cf. this post, and it is rather unlikely that it works on Aura HD and Aura.
worked on my Kobo Touch! Thanks :-)
maryaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:06 PM   #327
Alastair_S
Zealot
Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks tshering, KoboLauncher once again works properly on my Touch.
Alastair_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:43 PM   #328
enotar
Connoisseur
enotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
This is just fantastic.....
thank you so much

Last edited by enotar; 03-09-2014 at 10:22 PM.
enotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:22 PM   #329
enotar
Connoisseur
enotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
I can't add it because it's Android commercial app. Probably I will find another PDF/DJVU reader.
Please......
Can you add Koreader? It does both I think?
Thank you very much for the great job
enotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:41 AM   #330
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by enotar View Post
Please......
Can you add Koreader? It does both I think?
Thank you very much for the great job
You probably know already that there is Koreader for Kobo. You can start it via Sergey's fmon (see these detailed explanations), or alternatively you can add it to the KoboLauncher (have a look at the first post of this thread; for more recent versions of the launcher, it seems, you have to edit vlasovsoft/applications.ini, instead of KoboLauncher/KoboLauncher.ini).

Last edited by tshering; 03-10-2014 at 04:54 AM.