Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #1
usagimeow
usagimeow began at the beginning.

Device: nook AND kindle
calibre used with a nook AND kindle

sooooo i ended up with both a nook and a kindle and i love calibre but so far ive only used it with my nook. can i have it both ways? how will i know what format its loading to what it i have everything in MOBI and EPUB?

thanks in advance! =)
usagimeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to correct forum.

Short answer: Make sure you don't plug in both devices at once. Calibre will do the rest.
Long answer: You can customize the formats and their precedences over one another in the devices' plugin (see preferences->plugins->device interface plugins). Make sure that you only connect one device at a time. Calibre should then recognize the connected device, and if you send books to it, it will automatically select the most appropriate format according to the settings in the plugin. If no acceptable format is present, it should ask you if you want to automatically convert the book.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
claibre, kindle, nook