Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
WiFi only Xoom $599 at Staples

sounds about right, if Sams Club rumor remains true for the norm Warehouse discount price of $539.

If not a member then $600 for 32G is a very very sweet deal.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/03/12...99-at-staples/
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Plus tax (8.25% for me), plus extended warranty. *sigh* Can't Amazon sell these things direct? I gotta stick with my $500 limit for these gadgets. We'll see what November/December brings in terms of holiday price drops.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
so far i've played with 2 display units. both have dark bars at the bottom edge (holding horizontally). if this is typical i may skip the xoom. then again a dim small sections is better than light bleed (ipad 2) imo. i always use dark bg in home screens and reading.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:17 AM   #4
AlexSno
Connoisseur
AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Or just wait for an improvement... Pretty sure there will be some nice "bugs" on the iPad 2 to.
AlexSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:51 AM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsquabbles View Post
so far i've played with 2 display units. both have dark bars at the bottom edge (holding horizontally). if this is typical i may skip the xoom. then again a dim small sections is better than light bleed (ipad 2) imo. i always use dark bg in home screens and reading.
I'm not quite sure what you are saying. If you are talking about the input "bar" buttons/status it is pretty much like windows.

Xoom does not have hardware buttons like previous Android devices and uses software buttons. The only physical buttons are the power button and the volume up/down buttons.

If you are talking about black bars across the viewing area -- that's definitely broke.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #6
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I'm not quite sure what you are saying. If you are talking about the input "bar" buttons/status it is pretty much like windows.

Xoom does not have hardware buttons like previous Android devices and uses software buttons. The only physical buttons are the power button and the volume up/down buttons.

If you are talking about black bars across the viewing area -- that's definitely broke.
no it's not a gradient, it's the back light dimmer at the bottom than at the middle and top, but the fade is more noticeable. it's like a crappy monitor with bad backlighting.

i've only seen one other post about it - could be my search params different. the response is that he/she had a defective unit. it may be possible that the other's eyes aren't as sensitive to the change. i have very good eyes at detecting colors - i work prepress and do tons of color corrections, i even made 100% on a color test .
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Mine is not like that and this is the first I've heard of any such thing.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #8
AlexSno
Connoisseur
AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Than my dear friend you are an accident. Try to speak with the seller!
AlexSno is offline   Reply With Quote