Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2022, 07:44 AM   #1
optoabhi
optoabhi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Exclamation HELP! accidentally deleted library folder on hard drive

I accidentally deleted the library folder on my hard drive but was able to recover all the PDF files.

The calibre library shows the all the entries but missing book cover images and .OPF file and the PDF file itself. The directories for each individual entry exists but it is empty.

IS there anyway I can restore the library to its original format, for instance, anyway I can automatically import the retrieved PDF files into the exact directories?

Please advise.
optoabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 07:54 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
if the pdf files have correc title and author metadata then you can simply add them to calibre and turn on the automerge option in Preferences->Adding books
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 08:03 AM   #3
optoabhi
optoabhi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Thanks Kovind,

The PDF files have the "correct title - author" as the filename. Is this what you mean?
Example: "A Practical Guide to Laboratory - Andri M. Gretarsson.pdf"

In some cases, the title seems to be partial, will this be a problem?

What about multiple sub-directories under a single author? Will they still work?
optoabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 09:28 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Add some and see.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backup