Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 01:56 AM   #1
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Anyone got a contact at Astak?

I'm merely asking if someone has a marketing or inside contact at Astak, because I've been trying to get one of their ebook readers for review for my Linux tech website (www.raiden.net) for a while now, and only got like one reply about "yeah, we'll get back to you", but no followup, and no replies to my followup emails either.

If anyone's got any info, I'd greatly appreciate it. If you want to keep it private, just PM it to me. Thanks. Oh, and FYI, if anyone's interested, we're trying to add ebook readers to our list of hardware we review over there.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:50 AM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
You might want to PM MobileRead member RobertB
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 04:12 AM   #3
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
I'm merely asking if someone has a marketing or inside contact at Astak, because I've been trying to get one of their ebook readers for review for my Linux tech website (www.raiden.net) for a while now, and only got like one reply about "yeah, we'll get back to you", but no followup, and no replies to my followup emails either.

If anyone's got any info, I'd greatly appreciate it. If you want to keep it private, just PM it to me. Thanks. Oh, and FYI, if anyone's interested, we're trying to add ebook readers to our list of hardware we review over there.
I can't get them to answer my support email, and have read other posts here similar.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #4
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, that certainly doesn't bode well for a company that supposedly claims to be cutting edge. Oy.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
I have had no problems with their Customer Service department. They are an excellent, albiet small, group of people. Very nice and willing to assist.

Also, RobertB is here almost daily, and will either answer any questions, or shoot information to the right place.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #6
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
I have had no problems with their Customer Service department. They are an excellent, albiet small, group of people. Very nice and willing to assist.
From the posts I read here, some people have a good experience, others don't.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #7
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
I am Robert B and I am dying to work with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post

Dear Lord:

For God sakes, contact me. Send a personal message, or email to Atten: Robert Barry at: support@astak.com!!

Customer Service: I have been here almost every day. I answer all PM and most posts. People on these Astak threads have said our Customer Service is outstanding (not just good)! You can phone (1-866-368-8788) or email: support@astak.com!! I have never seen a legit concern with our customer service and I am proud of it!

I monitor these threads daily and normally several times daily! This is the first I have heard of this or I would have seen it sooner and responded! Let us help you!!

I have posted a good hundred times where to email and where to call (toll free).

Come on, people, be fair. We are going overboard to assist!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #8
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Customer Service: I have been here almost every day. I answer all PM and most posts. People on these Astak threads have said our Customer Service is outstanding (not just good)! You can phone (1-866-368-8788) or email: support@astak.com!! I have never seen a legit concern with our customer service and I am proud of it!

I monitor these threads daily and normally several times daily! This is the first I have heard of this or I would have seen it sooner and responded! Let us help you!!

I have posted a good hundred times where to email and where to call (toll free).

I hope you aren't saying I am not legit ! I even asked you, here, on the forum, if that phone number was free internationally, and told you I'd rather deal by email anyway. I emailed the support email you have again given, and no reply has ever surfaced.

So when you say "I have never seen a legit concern with our customer service and I am proud of it!" you are either saying I am not legit, or else you have selective memory.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #9
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
From the posts I read here, some people have a good experience, others don't.
I agree. However, it's common knowledge ( and I am guilty of this as well) to comment on poor service, but NOT mention great service. Similar how the Evening News only tells about the bad, and rarely the good.

EDIt...
This was supposed to be before Roberts post. I stepped AFK and then had a customer come in then forgot about the forums. DOH!

Last edited by griffonwing; 12-04-2009 at 05:57 PM.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:12 PM   #10
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I hope you aren't saying I am not legit ! I even asked you, here, on the forum, if that phone number was free internationally, and told you I'd rather deal by email anyway. I emailed the support email you have again given, and no reply has ever surfaced.

So when you say "I have never seen a legit concern with our customer service and I am proud of it!" you are either saying I am not legit, or else you have selective memory.
The phone number I do not believe to be toll free internationally, I think it is only for the US. I didn't have any emails responded to, but I gave a quick call and was helped out then and there (not sure of call costs, I use VOIP so it cost me next to nothing). In my experience the unofficial support by Robert and the rest of the people here on the forum has been great, phone support by Astak has been great, sales support (well not really support) but my purchase was processed and shipped quickly...was great. Email does leave in my experience a little left to be desired, but not enough of a drama to cause me grief.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #11
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Lord:

For God sakes, contact me. Send a personal message, or email to Atten: Robert Barry at: support@astak.com!!

Wow. Thanks. I'll shoot something your way ASAP! (this has greatly raised my opinion of Astak! )