Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
Scullion
Scullion is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505
Import/Export

Hi, to all. This is truly a great forum and a wonderful resource. My thanks to all those who have labored to produce good eBook texts for the rest of us.
I have been using the excellent Calibre to organize my library for my Sony 505 but will soon have to move the library from one machine to another because of a hardware upgrade. I am not referring to a separate copy of all the eBooks – but to the Calibre library that contains all the metadata shown in Calibre. Is it sufficient to copy that library and its included metadata.dbf file to a fresh location and then to point Calibre to it to recover all the library and its info?
i have searched for this info on this forum and this is what the posts seem to suggest, but perhaps a definative sticky might be a good idea for importing/exporting the Calibre Library?
Scullion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes, that is sufficient, provided only that you are not moving between case sensitive and case insensitive file systems, in which case there may be a few problems.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2009, 01:15 AM   #3
Scullion
Scullion is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505
Thanks for the confirmation.
Scullion is offline   Reply With Quote