Oh Yes. 144 55.38%
Oh No. 49 18.85%
Part of me wants it, the other doesn't 36 13.85%
Touchscreen is the answer. 31 11.92%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
mrzerga
Connoisseur
mrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the rough

Device: kindle 3 wifi - love it
Your vote - keyboard or no keyboard on Kindle

Since this been going on for quite some time - I've decided to run a little poll which offers you to describe your attitude to keyboard on Kindle. Please vote, so that we could resolve this question once and for all. I've made my choice.

Last edited by mrzerga; 10-22-2010 at 08:57 AM.
mrzerga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
And put back the NUMBER keys or at least emboss the number values above the qwerty for the Alt-use.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I WANT a keyboard. One of the reasons I picked the cell phone I have is because it has a real keyboard.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
A keyboard please, with numbers on it and symbols.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
There are plenty of readers without keyboards, I want mine with one! That's why I have a Droid, a physical keyboard is much easier for me to use than a virtual one. That's also why I don't own an iPhone.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #6
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I want a more compact keyboard, with numbers!
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:58 AM   #7
bball2
bball2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
And put back the NUMBER keys or at least emboss the number values above the qwerty for the Alt-use.
Definitely agree with this sentiment. It would also be nice if there was some sort of num lock so you can press the top row without awkwardly holding down alt.
bball2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:37 PM   #8
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Yes I love having the keyboard. I don't want a touch screen device so a keyboard is a must. It's very compact and neat.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:30 AM   #9
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
It's an e-reader, not an e-writer. If you need a keyboard you are using it wrong...it's not an ipad or laptop
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:57 AM   #10
xnowimcoolx
Connoisseur
xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 2
if I have to use the keyboard I'm using it wrong? ha ha!

I use mine for some class textbooks that are available on Amazon and write notes with my thoughts, questions, agreement, objections while I go through (which are then uploaded to my kindle.amazon.com site for easy reference).

So, I'd say I'm using it more correctly than you are.

BUT

I think amazon could do well with a keyboardless, no wifi, no 3G, barebones ereader that they sell for $89.
xnowimcoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:20 AM   #11
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
well I use my Kindle 'correctly' I read AND make notes/reviews of the books using the keyboard
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
It's an e-reader, not an e-writer. If you need a keyboard you are using it wrong...it's not an ipad or laptop
You are wrong. The keyboard extends the usefulness of an ebook reader (real keyboard or virtual). Quicker searches, dictionary lookup, note taking for those who like to write in the margins and more. The keyboard takes reading to a another level.

You are not taking advantage of the additional capabilities (which is your choice but that doesn't mean others are wrong for using the keyboard).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:35 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bball2 View Post
Definitely agree with this sentiment. It would also be nice if there was some sort of num lock so you can press the top row without awkwardly holding down alt.
The "alt" key is a num lock. Just press it and then type your numbers. You don't have to hold it down.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #14
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
I hate typing on a flat surface with no tactile feedback. It feels like I'm playing make-believe.
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:22 PM   #15
reech
Connoisseur
reech doesn't litterreech doesn't litter

Device: Sony eReader PRS-600
Yup - keyboard, and a line of numbers, please!
reech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keyboard, kindle