Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #1
pnw19
pnw19 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy EPUB -> Mobi Conversion / HR and Margins

I have a SIGIL-created and -managed EPUB with a very structured, page-oriented layout that works pixel perfect on an iPad 2. I'm using Calibre to convert it to MOBI for use on a Kindle 2. I understand that MOBI has less rendering capability, but I'm having a challenge with the most basic functionality:

1. My horizontal rule <hr> is a short, stubby centered rule over which I have no control rather than a full or partial width rule that respects the CSS style definition.

2. My left and right margins on indented blocks are being obliterated, again ignoring the CSS style definitions, even when I uncheck "Remove fake margins".

3. I can't get the "default" midrange font size to be smaller than normal and have to crank the font size setting on the Kindle to the smallest setting.

There are other challenges but I'm stuck here for now and have spent hours playing with the various Calibre settings with no success. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Paul
pnw19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hr margins font size