Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
pocketbook-usa.com no longer sells/supports PB 301?

I was at the pocketbook-usa.com site today looking for some information on my 301+. However, they've taken down their page on the 301+ and even taken down its support page. What's going on there? The German PB site still has the 301+.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:09 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
There was a problem with the latest batch of 301s causing a drastic shortage.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Wow, that's too bad. The 301 is a superb ereader. Thanks for the information.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
speedtouch
eBook Newbie

Is firmware still being developed for the 301? I haven't seen any updates for it in many months.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #5
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
yes firmware is still being developed. there were bug issues with the release of 15.2 update awhile back. currently they are running beta of 15.3 trying to get the kinks/bugs out
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #6
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Actually PocketBook Ukraine released the official new firmware 15.2.1 for PocketBook 301+ and recommends of owners of this model to do the upgrade.
Here are the links (pages are in Russian though, please use Google Translator f you don't reader Russian):
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15950
http://pocketbook.ua/news/press/79
Two main improvements in this version are resolution for issues with battery charging and better PDF support.
I would expect to see similar announcement from the PocketBook USA soon.
Some of my Russian-speaking buyers did the upgrade already and reported improvements comparing to the previous 15.2 version.
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:39 AM   #7
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Direct link to the file...

http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...ru_ws_15_2.zip
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #8
speedtouch
eBook Newbie

Awesome, thanks! I'll just wait for the official US (English) version to come out. I appreciate your help.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #9
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
There are two versions of 15.2.1 firmware. The link above is only for devices with the older hardware and all latest devices have advanced hardware and require AD version of the firmware. Harware Type can be checked via menu Settings -> About Device -> line for Hardware Type. If it the last letter is A (e.g. EB-600 EMA), an AD firmware version is required.
Link to AD version:
http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...301_ru_15_2.7Z (to save file it is needed to do right click and select "Save Target As.." option since 7Z is not always recognized by browsers as an archive)
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:15 AM   #10
speedtouch
eBook Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpupsik View Post
There are two versions of 15.2.1 firmware. The link above is only for devices with the older hardware and all latest devices have advanced hardware and require AD version of the firmware. Harware Type can be checked via menu Settings -> About Device -> line for Hardware Type. If it the last letter is A (e.g. EB-600 EMA), an AD firmware version is required.
Link to AD version:
http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...301_ru_15_2.7Z (to save file it is needed to do right click and select "Save Target As.." option since 7Z is not always recognized by browsers as an archive)
Thanks for that info, too. I'll be on the lookout for the specific English firmware when it comes out. I'll be sure to check my hardware version before updating.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #11
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
Does the new firmware change English anywhere on the 301 to Russian or Ukranian or is the firmware multilingual?

I saw that the firmware update procedures for 301 and 301+ were different. What is the difference between these 2 versions? How can I tell which I have?

A bit off-topic but...
When I tried to cut and paste text from the Google English translation into MS Word, I pasted the Russian text. ? Other that a graphic screen capture, how can I copy the translation? Windows 7, Word 2007

Last edited by Vienna01; 10-21-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #12
speedtouch
eBook Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna01 View Post
Does the new firmware change English anywhere on the 301 to Russian or Ukranian or is the firmware multilingual?
Your question looks to be answered here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=396
Old 10-25-2010, 08:42 PM   #13
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
Changing Topic A Bit-Capture ? English Translation of Russian PB Site into Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
Your question looks to be answered here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=396
Thanks that DOES answer my question about language after firmware upgrade.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Almost a fair topic for this PB subforum. Russian PB site info adds to enjoyment of a PB reader.

I captured English text from Google's translation of Russian PB site to Clipboard.
When I tried to paste that English text into MS Word, It pasted the Russian text?
Other that a graphic screen capture, how can I copy the English translation by Google into MS Word, WordPad. Notepad etc.? I use Windows 7, Word 2007
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #14
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
The language of menu may go to Russian after the upgrade to 15.3b, but this is not a big deal, isn't it - you can easily revert it to English or the language of your choice by clicking on 'Setting's>Language.

This word "Language" stays in English all the time, whatever language you'd change the device to. So, it's easy to find even if you don't know a single hieroglyph in Russian or Hebrew))))
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote