Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 07-22-2014, 10:06 AM   #1
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
ePub Download Guide ?

I love the Kindle Download Guide and use it to locate and download books directly to my Kindle. I discovered that it works just fine within Calibre -- I can open it in the book viewer and select a book which is then downloaded to my computer. And, I just learned that I can transfer ePub books to the iPad using Calibre's content server. Which leads me to the logical (to me) conclusion that having an ePub Download Guide for MobileRead would be a handy tool.

Any chance of getting this added to the library here at MobileRead?
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 02:19 PM   #2
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I really wish someone would reply to this post.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What IS the Kindle Download Guide?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #4
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
What IS the Kindle Download Guide?
Well, the link still exists on the Ebooks dropdown at the top of the page, but I haven't used it in ages (as it was only mobi) and when I just tried it, the link crashed the tab.

What I do is go to any format under the Ebooks dropdown. On the right side of the page under the alphabetic links there is a "Full List" pair of links. Click on HTML and you will be a full html listing of all books in the library with links to the various formats. Save as an html file and it can be loaded into calibre and used from there.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:15 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Yes, we do need an ePub download guide given that we have Readers capable of download ePub straight to the device.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:31 PM   #6
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes, we do need an ePub download guide given that we have Readers capable of download ePub straight to the device.
Have you looked at my suggestion above? Yes, it isn't *just epub*, but it does provide an easy way to get at all the available epubs. And unless you are willing to code the tool, I think that's going to have to do for now. There's been talk of new software for the forums and I doubt if anyone is willing to spend time with this version.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:57 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Have you looked at my suggestion above? Yes, it isn't *just epub*, but it does provide an easy way to get at all the available epubs. And unless you are willing to code the tool, I think that's going to have to do for now. There's been talk of new software for the forums and I doubt if anyone is willing to spend time with this version.
Different forum software or a new version?
Old 10-04-2014, 09:08 PM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
So how is it used in Calibre?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #9
jgaiser
Omnivorous

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
So how is it used in Calibre?
Save as html
Import html file into calibre
Convert html file to format of choice
View format of choice
Click on links to books of your choice
Save files.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:49 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Yes, I've seen our suggestion and while it sort of works, it doesn't really work. The problem being is that it lists ALL the eBooks regardless of format. The Mobi guide just lists Mobi format.

What would be best is a way to select the format(s) wanted and not all at once. So there is no really optimal way of doing this at present.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:55 PM   #11
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Save as html
Import html file into calibre
Convert html file to format of choice
View format of choice
Click on links to books of your choice
Save files.
Ah ok. I thought that maybe there was some way to load the links into calibre like with the Fan Fiction Downloader plug in or something.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:25 AM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes, I've seen our suggestion and while it sort of works, it doesn't really work. The problem being is that it lists ALL the eBooks regardless of format. The Mobi guide just lists Mobi format.

What would be best is a way to select the format(s) wanted and not all at once. So there is no really optimal way of doing this at present.
If you have a copy of grep you can grep for (ePub) and make a file containing only ePub files. Grep is a free download.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:14 AM   #13
Hampshire Nanny
Guru

Those are all pretty good answers for a DIY solution. My point in the original post is that MobileRead produces a Mobipocket/Kindle download guide. It seems to make sense that the routine that does this could be easily modified to also produce an ePub download guide.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:12 AM   #14
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Could you please link us to the Mobileread Mobipocket/Kindle download guide? And what happens if you apply the steps mentioned there to downloading epub books?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:20 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
If you have a copy of grep you can grep for (ePub) and make a file containing only ePub files. Grep is a free download.

Dale
The best solution is not to have to edit the mess that comes from the forum, but for the forum to be fixed to work for the users.